Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: EQ <> VE Version 4

I follow the prompts and click the copy icon, lol - not sure what else I could be doing wrong as it's pretty simple in nature..
    2006 CGM A4

Uninstall/reinstall - all appears to be working, thanks!

I'm loving this so far, fantastic work Bluecat.
    2006 CGM A4

Tuner in Training
    Is it possible to add in support for variable exhaust cam tables as well?

Also in the e78, it seems to use MAP/BARO=PRatio instead of MAP

I've currently got a bad stumble through what seems to be cell 23

In this log at 2:14, 2:18, 3:08, 4:01, 11:12, 12:28, 12:49, 12:53, 14:09, 14:55, 15:02, etc ---> dec10-tune9-4.hplnick-sonic-knockMon.cfg

The configuration file that I am using is also attached. By looking at the Calculated Cylinder Air in graph 2(blue line) compared to the computer's PID for Cylinder Air in graph 2(red line) you can see a clear deviation of the computer's PID from the calculated value. On the instances where my AFR didn't go too lean, I noticed that after I get the PID to start being close to the calculated value, the car no longer stumbles and it runs perfect.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I'm working on it. I already added the PRatio part, working on the rest. If things slow up enough I may have it finished by the first of the year.

I have been able to work with everything in this program, but I can not get any of your included generic starting ve tables to open. What am I missing?

BJK
    APS TT 630 rwhp/654 rwtq @ 9 psi
    '07 C6, TR6060 conversion w/Z06 ratios. DTE Stage 4 Quaife Diff w/brace (3.73). Z06 Brakes, mild turbo cam & dual springs (222/222, LSA 115, .581/.581), LS9R clutch, LG GT2 Coilovers, Autometer Cobalt Fuel gauage, Progressive Alky Controller, and e-Boost2 Controller. PFADT poly bushing for control arms and Sports sway bars. MGW shifter. 3" B&B Fusion. RSI Stage 1.5 fuel system. RX dual valve catch can.

Not sure, it should just work. Open the program, go to the ve table window, click open, select samples folder, select the file you want, click open.

What does it do or at what point does it stop? Your not trying to load a ve table from the eq window are you?

Quote Originally Posted by Bluecat View Post
    Not sure, it should just work. Open the program, go to the ve table window, click open, select samples folder, select the file you want, click open.

What does it do or at what point does it stop? Your not trying to load a ve table from the eq window are you?
    It stops when I click to open the BEQ (OEM) LS2 file. I wants me to find something to open it. I am a MAC guy first but I can use window. I'm thinking the samples folder is probably in the wrong place.

BJK
    '07 C6, TR6060 conversion w/Z06 ratios. DTE Stage 4 Quaife Diff w/brace (3.73). Z06 Brakes, mild turbo cam & dual springs (222/222, LSA 115, .581/.581), LS9R clutch, LG GT2 Coilovers, Autometer Cobalt Fuel gauage, Progressive Alky Controller, and e-Boost2 Controller. PFADT poly bushing for control arms and Sports sway bars. MGW shifter. 3" B&B Fusion. RSI Stage 1.5 fuel system. RX dual valve catch can.

Okay, I got it sorted out this morning. Basically what I was doing is opening the "VE TABLE" window, then selecting the LS2 2.5 bar format and then going outside the program to open the sample folder because I didn't see any way to open it in the program. With my small laptop display the right side of of the 2.5 bar table was off screen and I didn't realize there was a scroll bar so the File and Tool options at the top where hidden. Da'oh

BJK

Tuner in Training
    I'm working on it. I already added the PRatio part, working on the rest. If things slow up enough I may have it finished by the first of the year.
    Great to hear that you are working on it. I appreciate all the effort that you put into this program. (I think HPTuners should buy you out and add this into their software)

For now, I have been using 100 times the PRatio in the MAP row and just divided any coefficient that contains MAP by 100 (expect the MAP squared which I divided by 10000 to make it work)

The weird thing is that the table seems smooth and consistent through cell 23 for me but I also don't truly know what the exhaust cam tables are doing to the VVE table

Added update to Ver. 4.2.1

Link as always in first post. Added PRatio support for newer DI os's. This is just a functionality patch for V4 so the newer ecm stuff can be better worked with until I find time to finish V5. Takes 3.5 times longer to gen in PRatio mode than it should compared to old format. Don't know why, don't care - as what little time I have is directed toward V5. But this should work good enough to get people by until then.

Tuner in Training
    Are you saying that this should be able to create ve tables with more than two cam positions? Or can you only use two different cam positions?

Senior Tuner
    Added update to Ver. 4.2.1

Link as always in first post. Added PRatio support for newer DI os's. This is just a functionality patch for V4 so the newer ecm stuff can be better worked with until I find time to finish V5. Takes 3.5 times longer to gen in PRatio mode than it should compared to old format. Don't know why, don't care - as what little time I have is directed toward V5. But this should work good enough to get people by until then.
    Realistically, on my 4 year old laptop...everything calculates very very quickly anyways...I wouldn't worry either.

That said, I totally understand wanting to make code as efficient as possible...seems to be a lost art nowadays...most software on my PC is so unnecessarily bloated it's not even funny.
    2010 Camaro SS M6. Stock Bottom End, Heads/Cam/Intake/Headers/Exhaust.
    2005 Silverado RCSB. Forged 370 LQ9/Borg-Forced Inductions T6 S484/Jake's Stage 4 4L80E with D3 Brake/4WD.
    2023 Durango Hellcat

Quote Originally Posted by 5banger View Post
    Are you saying that this should be able to create ve tables with more than two cam positions? Or can you only use two different cam positions?
    Nothings changed in that respect. Still cant do the exhaust cam stuff. Still only one vvt intake cam ve table that you specify the cam position it correlates to. Exhaust cam and multiple ve tables to represent many different cam positions will have to wait until V5.

Tuner
    Question, I would like to donate to the cause, how do i donate?

This program is off the hook since it works with VE table in V8, can it be set up to do a VE tune to a camaro 1997 v6 3.8 231 cubic inches?

And thank You Blusecat for this.

Quote Originally Posted by 507 View Post
    Question, I would like to donate to the cause, how do i donate?

This program is off the hook since it works with VE table in V8, can it be set up to do a VE tune to a camaro 1997 v6 3.8 231 cubic inches?

And thank You Blusecat for this.
    I believe Bluecat's paypal address is on the header when you open the program up.
    69 Suburban Bagged & Blown: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=200387
    68 Farm Truck build thread-LS3/6L80/TVS1900: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=358692

Senior Tuner
    Did I miss anything about the PRatio topic? Just curious as I see it acting a little weird when PRatio mode is unchecked, the export wants to paste to a non-existent Zone PRatio Boundaries table, when the correct table name should be Zone Map Boundaries.

Also, if I create the VE table in Vortec format, from the imported equations parameters and I make absolutely no changes to the VE table values at all, then when I re-create equations the entire set of values is totally different the initial values. In short, can this program be used with an E67 PCM?

Tuner in Training
    Yes I have an e67 and it works for me.

Senior Tuner
    5banger, when you export back to HPT, you are saying the export process identifies the Zone Map Boundaries table by the correct name or does it call out the PRatio name for you too?

Advanced Tuner
    I've never had a problem with that. I think Pratio is for the newer E78 stuff. More like gen5 than gen4.
    2006 Holden Monaro I Phantom Black Metallic I Red I One of 416
    L92/L76 I Streetsweeper HTR I SLP LT I LoudMouth 2
    JHP V2 I Powdercoated Black 18s I Kyne Splitter

2001 GTP I Stock DD

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by BBA View Post
    Did I miss anything about the PRatio topic? Just curious as I see it acting a little weird when PRatio mode is unchecked, the export wants to paste to a non-existent Zone PRatio Boundaries table, when the correct table name should be Zone Map Boundaries.

Also, if I create the VE table in Vortec format, from the imported equations parameters and I make absolutely no changes to the VE table values at all, then when I re-create equations the entire set of values is totally different the initial values. In short, can this program be used with an E67 PCM?
    I've been having the exact same problems. When I expect it to ask for the Zone Map Boundaries....it's asking for PRatio Boundaries instead.