Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast

Thread: EQ <> VE Version 4

Quote Originally Posted by schpenxel View Post
    You have a regular VE table now, yes? 2 bar OS?

Why not tune it like you did the MAF?
    Yes! I now have a 2 bar OS with a real VE! Figured out bluecat and came up with a decent VE model. Car starts and idles. STFT's are pegged positive 25ish. Finally now getting around to start tuning it lol. Switched everything over to lambda in my logging, Actual, Commanded, and Error. Now I have to figure out how to make the changes to the VE table. I made a VE lambda error histogram so far. I think it's right. I've been trying to pick other brains so I don't drive you nuts. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by jpb1972 View Post
    Yes! I now have a 2 bar OS with a real VE! Figured out bluecat and came up with a decent VE model. Car starts and idles. STFT's are pegged positive 25ish. Finally now getting around to start tuning it lol. Switched everything over to lambda in my logging, Actual, Commanded, and Error. Now I have to figure out how to make the changes to the VE table. I made a VE lambda error histogram so far. I think it's right. I've been trying to pick other brains so I don't drive you nuts. LOL
    lol it's cool, I haven't been on here much lately. Lambda is easier in the long run so I think you'll prefer it once you get used to it

Yeah, you want a histogram that basically has the same x/y axis as the VE table and shows whatever the fueling error is. You can do that with fuel trims or disable fuel trims and use the wideband. That gives you how much you need to change that same cell in the VE table. If you have a cell that's error is-18% for example, you'd subtract 18% from that cell of the VE table (multiply x 0.82)

lol it's cool, I haven't been on here much lately. Lambda is easier in the long run so I think you'll prefer it once you get used to it

Yeah, you want a histogram that basically has the same x/y axis as the VE table and shows whatever the fueling error is. You can do that with fuel trims or disable fuel trims and use the wideband. That gives you how much you need to change that same cell in the VE table. If you have a cell that's error is-18% for example, you'd subtract 18% from that cell of the VE table (multiply x 0.82)
    Got it. Thanks

Advanced Tuner
    Wow, what a GREAT tool! I'm tuning an E67 GMPP crate engine ECU for a custom E-Force supercharged LS3 build. This version of the E67 OS supports up to 180 kPa MAP values and big MAF values. But sure enough, using its original VE coefficients mapped onto a 1.75 bar VE table yields a crazy map as did my feeble first attempts at extrapolating. The EQ<>VE program comes with a "Samples" folder but I can't find any explanation of the source of the samples. Some files, especially the the LS9_Boltons.BVE and BEQ look pretty nice in a 2.5 bar VE table. If I convert that table back to coefficients and flash my ECU with the new coefficients, how close may I be to having a useful set of VVE values as a starting point? Is there a description somewhere of the sample files? Please be gentle with me, I'm a noob to the E67 but not an idiot :-) I've read countless threads already but any pointers for additional reading would be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks!!
    Last edited by pannetron; 05-25-2015 at 04:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pannetron View Post
    Wow, what a GREAT tool! I'm tuning an E67 GMPP crate engine ECU for a custom E-Force supercharged LS3 build. This version of the E67 OS supports up to 255 kPa MAP values and big MAF values. But sure enough, using its original VE coefficients mapped onto a 2.5 bar VE table yields a crazy map as did my feeble first attempts at extrapolating. The EQ<>VE program comes with a "Samples" folder but I can't find any explanation of the source of the samples. Some files, especially the the LS9_Boltons.BVE and BEQ look pretty nice in a 2.5 bar VE table. If I convert that table back to coefficients and flash my ECU with the new coefficients, how close may I be to having a useful set of VVE values as a starting point? Is there a description somewhere of the sample files? Please be gentle with me, I'm a noob to the E67 but not an idiot :-) I've read countless threads already but any pointers for additional reading would be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks!!
    What I did was search the HPT tune repository and find a tune with similar mods to what I have. Used the VE data from that tune and began tweaking it.

Advanced Tuner
    Thanks, I've combed through the repository several times and found only one tune that appears close -- hence my plea for any others and an explanation of those sample VE tables included in the EQ<>VE tool zip file.

The samples are just that. Anything that says (OEM) is stock data out of various engine rpo codes for starting points. All the others are my contribution of base eq sets and ve tables for various motors and cam combinations to get people started. The descriptions should be plenty enough info.

(OEM)_L99.BEQ - That is a stock equation set from a L99 Auto Camaro.

LS1_224_230_114.BVE - That is a base ve table to use for a 224/230 on a 114 in a 5.7L.
    Last edited by Bluecat; 05-14-2015 at 07:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pannetron View Post
    Thanks, I've combed through the repository several times and found only one tune that appears close -- hence my plea for any others and an explanation of those sample VE tables included in the EQ<>VE tool zip file.
    Be happy to share mine. Just keep in mind I'm still working on it. Let me know.
    LT's, Centri,72 lb inj. (@58psi). 2.5 bar OS. I'm e38, don't know if you can still use the data.
    Last edited by jpb1972; 05-16-2015 at 04:33 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluecat View Post
    The samples are just that. Anything that says (OEM) is stock data out of various engine rpo codes for starting points. All the others are my contribution of base eq sets and ve tables for various motors and cam combinations to get people started. The descriptions should be plenty enough info.

(OEM)_L99.BEQ - That is a stock equation set from a L99 Auto Camaro.

LS1_224_230_114.BVE - That is a base ve table to use for a 224/230 on a 114 in a 5.7L.
    Thanks for verifying what I had guessed!

Advanced Tuner
    LT's, Centri,72 lb inj. (@58psi). 2.5 bar OS. I'm e38, don't know if you can still use the data.
    Thanks! I've edited one of the sample files to give me a starting point so I think I'm good enough to at least drive down to the chassis dyno now.

One thing I just thought of.. if you open your old tune in VCM Editor BETA, you can view your current virtual VE data as a normal VE table format.. then you could copy/paste that as a starting point when working with the normal VE table in the 2.5 bar OS. It's under edit-->virtual volumetric efficiency

I'm not 100% sure the break points will line up, etc., but just an idea
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

One thing I just thought of.. if you open your old tune in VCM Editor BETA, you can view your current virtual VE data as a normal VE table format.. then you could copy/paste that as a starting point when working with the normal VE table in the 2.5 bar OS. It's under edit-->virtual volumetric efficiency

I'm not 100% sure the break points will line up, etc., but just an idea
    Honestly, I'm afraid to touch that beta again, at least until it's no longer a beta. Lol. When I used bluecat with the original VVE data the table I got was useless, which tells me my VVE was not tuned correctly? It's 3d version had everything bunched up to one side of the table, it was pretty bad. I've since managed to have a useable table and continued tuning with all trims off. Surprising enough it actually doesn't run half bad and idles pretty well. Far from done though.
    Thanks for your reply.

Honestly, I'm afraid to touch that beta again, at least until it's no longer a beta. Lol. When I used bluecat with the original VVE data the table I got was useless, which tells me my VVE was not tuned correctly? It's 3d version had everything bunched up to one side of the table, it was pretty bad. I've since managed to have a useable table and continued tuning with all trims off. Surprising enough it actually doesn't run half bad and idles pretty well. Far from done though.
    Thanks for your reply.
    The latest beta now includes the ability to manipulate the speed density tables via what looks like a normal VE table. You change the table and it will automatically make changes to the tables in the speed density tab

I haven't really tried it yet but just a heads up

They say they are using a different algorithm than the blue cat too, so I hope theirs is more accurate

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

I must be loosing my mind where do I download it? I have 3.5 looking to upgrade thanks!

hey guys I am having trouble opening the bluecat tool is there any supporting software I need on my computer???

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    hey guys I am having trouble opening the bluecat tool is there any supporting software I need on my computer???
    The latest beta version of VCM Editor is able to work with virtual VE tables inside the editor, i.e. no more need for blue cat's tool

email HP Tuners support and ask for access if you want to give it a shot.

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

thank you I appreciate the heads up

The latest beta now includes the ability to manipulate the speed density tables via what looks like a normal VE table. You change the table and it will automatically make changes to the tables in the speed density tab

I haven't really tried it yet but just a heads up

They say they are using a different algorithm than the blue cat too, so I hope theirs is more accurate
    This sounds pretty cool. Still hesitant on the beta though. May throw the beta in my other laptop and mess with it a bit.
    Last edited by jpb1972; 05-27-2015 at 06:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    As long as you can unzip a file you should be good. If you don't have a program to do this download free version of WinZip.

Tuner
    The latest beta version of VCM Editor is able to work with virtual VE tables inside the editor, i.e. no more need for blue cat's tool

email HP Tuners support and ask for access if you want to give it a shot.
    While this may be true in general they are still having some issues with this capability. I am using the beta currently (latest version) and when I multiply the VVE table by 1 then attempt to generate the coefficients it crashes. This may be because my tune attempts to address MAPs greater than one atmosphere but I am not sure...