Thread: Trying to find a moderate tune for an LBZ Dmax

Trying to find a moderate tune for an LBZ Dmax

I am trying to find like a 75-100 horse tune for a stock LBZ. The truck has an aftermarket turbo back exhaust and a cold air intake but that is all. I found a 120 horse tune in the repository I was going to download, but for some reason every time I try to download from the repository it times out. I have no idea why. Is there anyone with a tune that I might be able to download for a starting point for my truck?

Looking for something that will get me slightly better mileage with my foot not planted in the firewall, but more power when it is.

This is all great info, and I don't know why I didn't see it in my search. (sorry about that) I am going to try this and when I think I have it right is it cool if I post the tune file here for some review and critique???

Tuner in Training
    Anything like this for an LMM?
    Blown 2011 SS Camaro, 2008 LMM Diesel truck,
    3 Harleys.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerdan View Post
    Anything like this for an LMM?
    Did you even read it?

This is a really good safe LBZ tune I put together. Spoon fed for you! Just copy all of the tables into your tune file. Trans tables are set up for 33" tires. I wouldn't recommend towing over 10klbs without lowering the driver demand tables back down to 650ft-lb. Any questions, just ask.
    2006 LBZ Duramax
    5" Magnaflow turbo-back
    EGR blocked
    HP Tuned by yours truly

Quote Originally Posted by Johns98TA View Post
    This is a really good safe LBZ tune I put together. Spoon fed for you! Just copy all of the tables into your tune file. Trans tables are set up for 33" tires. I wouldn't recommend towing over 10klbs without lowering the driver demand tables back down to 650ft-lb. Any questions, just ask.
    What are the mods of the vehicle?
    BJ Roman
    Full Spool Motorsports LLC
    South Bend, IN 46635
    We do carry quite a bit of diesel stuff like aFe, MBRP, Fass Fuel Systems, Bullydog, Edge, etc.!

2006 Chevrolet 2500HD Duramax CCSB
    aFe Stage 2 Intake
    MBRP 5" Exhaust with MBRP 6" tip
    EGR Block Off Plate
    PCV Re-Route

2002 Subaru Impreza WRX - Fully Built, STi Swapped, PTE5830 (for now), Shop Car, Shooting for 850whp this year

My truck has a 5 inch turbo-back magnaflow exhaust and EGR blocker plate. 295/65/18 tires. The tune I posted will work fine on a stock truck too. It is safe to run without gauges. I just dont recommend 800ft-lbs when towing heavy because the trans will slip in 5th and 6th.
    The stock LBZ fueling tables go just over 800ft-lbs, although the driver demand and other limits are set to only ask for 650. So my tune just asks for more torque using the stock fueling parameters. I prefer doing that rather than hacking the pulsewidth and pressure tables. The injection timing is a hybrid of 50/50 and stock, whichever value was greater. Boost is turned up a little bit, not much. Smoke is light, unless you lug the motor. If you want less smoke, set the smoke limitation parameters back to stock.
    2006 LBZ Duramax
    5" Magnaflow turbo-back
    EGR blocked
    HP Tuned by yours truly