Thread: 05 Corvette codes and dieing

05 Corvette codes and dieing

This is for a friends car. 100% stock @50k on car. Started dieing etc.. he ended up having it towed to dealer. They scanned said it was TB. He bought new one, seemed ok, but after a short drive. The car died again and had to wait several minutes before it would restart. So he scanned it and called me with all the codes. PO122 PO123 PO223 and PO601. Before anyone asks its a brand new Delco TB. I have a couple of theories, but would like to hear some ideas from you guys please. Before we just start throwing parts at it etc... I haven't got a chance to look at the car myself yet. But this weekend he's supposed to bring it over so I can scan it and see what its doing for myself. Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Potential Tuner
    2005 Corvette are known to have a lot of issues. Rare to see a TB issue, more common is the gas pedal potentiometer. Check the connections and the voltage coming into and out of the gas pedal.

When viewing the etc voltage through the scanner that TB should be at around 9% at idle.

Thanks Josh! I'll check that. One of my first thoughts was a Petal.

Advanced Tuner
    Throttle clean learn Reset via Scanner.

Quote Originally Posted by carlrx7 View Post
    Throttle clean learn Reset via Scanner.
    OK will do, but TB is New so its pretty clean lol!

Did the dealer do a reflash or just clear the codes after the tb?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by inspector12 View Post
    OK will do, but TB is New so its pretty clean lol!
    It's more to reset how the ecu sees the new TB

Quote Originally Posted by WCC Josh View Post
    2005 Corvette are known to have a lot of issues.
    Not really......
    2014 Corvette, Z51, 3LT, 7-Speed, NPP, 2 tops, Exposed Carbon Fiber roof, FAY, Laguna Blue, Kalahari, Museum Delivery.

Quote Originally Posted by carlrx7 View Post
    It's more to reset how the ecu sees the new TB
    Yeah thats what ive done in the past, but the dealer didnt do anything but diagnose it. He installed the TB and reset codes, is all he has done.

TP codes are always comes with Corvettes
    thing that you need to CHECK
    the TB and you already have changed it ,,
    check the WIRES that Connected to the Throttle body ,, sometimes this wires get damaged

if everything is Okay ,, check the Camshaft and crankshaft Sensors ,,
    it happend with me before ,, no CODES no Camshaft CODE no Crankshaft Code
    for 1 month customer was having Problem ,, after around 30 to 45 Days the CMP and CPK
    start flashing , when he changed them ,, all problem has gone

i am asuming you are having ENGINE REDUCED POWER

specialize in: V8 Tuning (Kuwait)
    Abdullah Al-najdi
    00965 99369929
    www.youtube.com/alnajdi83
    Tuners ! Quit Raping your PE TABLE !
    instagram : alnajdi83
    best number in 1/8 mile 4.54 ( My Driving + My Tune ) !

I would have them reflash it. The po601 is a internal ecm dtc falt.

2005 Corvette are known to have a lot of issues.
    Rofl. Did it make you feel good to say that?
    Gray Ghost- The abomination. 2007 Chevrolet Silverado CCSB. 98mm turbo, nitrous, 428LSX, Rossler 80E with a brake. Finally finished. 23 psi, no numbers, Slow as hell.

PBM G8- Aluminum 364, twin Precision 67/66 turbos, 6L90 trans swap, CTS-V/Vaporworx fuel system, slowly making progress.

Dads 2011 CTS-V- Stock bottom end, stock heads, LS9 cam, pullies, ported blower, ported TB, D3 goodies, and lots of nitrous.
    618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

Caterpillar 50 Forklift- Duramax swap

I agree with c.u. Total system reflash should do the trick. P06xx codes are all enough to send it into reduced power mode which in some cases will kill the engine.

If not then the pedal sensor is definitely out of it and it'll need a new assembly. My dads 2010 Zr1 went into REP with only 927 miles on it. Needed a pedal. All's good now.
    Gray Ghost- The abomination. 2007 Chevrolet Silverado CCSB. 98mm turbo, nitrous, 428LSX, Rossler 80E with a brake. Finally finished. 23 psi, no numbers, Slow as hell.

PBM G8- Aluminum 364, twin Precision 67/66 turbos, 6L90 trans swap, CTS-V/Vaporworx fuel system, slowly making progress.

Dads 2011 CTS-V- Stock bottom end, stock heads, LS9 cam, pullies, ported blower, ported TB, D3 goodies, and lots of nitrous.
    618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

Caterpillar 50 Forklift- Duramax swap

Lots of good information. So ill get back to you guys when I've done a few things. Thanks again.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by IDRIVEAG8GT View Post
    Rofl. Did it make you feel good to say that?
    All I do here is work on vettes, and I'll say it again the 2005 is the worst year of them all. First year new body style C6 lots of problems.

All I do here is work on vettes, and I'll say it again the 2005 is the worst year of them all. First year new body style C6 lots of problems.
    Yep.
    Bill Winters

Former owner/builder/tuner of the FarmVette
    Out of the LSx tuning game

Quote Originally Posted by 5_Liter_Eater View Post
    Yep.
    Oh its killing you power wise lol!

Ok I didn't get a chance to look at it. He just took it back to the dealer. That was way cool with me as I didn't need another car to work on especially one that I was going to have to figure out whats going on etc... The PO601 code was the only one that stuck out as not to do with the TB or petal. Turns out PCM had an internal short. Replaced PCM and it fixed everything. So he now got a spare TB. Good thing for him is that it was covered under the 100K mile power train warranty. But he did waste his money on the TB.