Thread: Weird LTFT's in Closed Loop

Tuner in Training

Weird LTFT's in Closed Loop

2 BAR OS with 60 lb SD's, Long tube 1 7/8" headers, and TVS 2300 roots blower. Stock Z06 cam, heads, etc. I am a little baffled by what I am seeing and don't know if the wideband or the HO2S's are to be questioned at this point...however I am suspecting that they are both fine as the HO2S's are nearly new.

With O/L commanded, the idle is perfectly fine and the wideband displays 0.98 - 1.02 Lambda, however the HO2S state a rich condition (900mv). If I enable closed loop, the LTFT's start counting up for some reason and are then subtracted.

After driving for a while, this effect becomes cumulative and the LTFT's hang to about +10 on B1 (which is where the wideband is) and +4-+8 on B2. When coming to idle, the LTFT's and all O2 readings hang WAY high (about 0.71 Lambda) and then swing way past max lean on the wideband (1.25+ Lambda).

However all of this goes away when put into O/L. What is the OS seeing in CL that I am not? If it sees O2 swings with -0.2 STFT, why does it eventually grow to +10? And why is there such a disparity between B1 and B2? No vacuum leaks.

Tuner in Training
    Adding to all of this...If I add to the VE tables to correct for the LTFT's, I get a hanging rolling idle and a nasty 2k flare up on hot start up.

Anyone?

Advanced Tuner
    Engine specs?
    My setup is a 356ci with a 260/268 (212/218 at .050 lift) duration cam with aluminium corvette heads and flat top pistons running 11.3 comp. ratio. with tuned port injection and vortec crank pick up and dizzy running a 411 pcm and 60lb bosch injectors, 1.6 ratio roller rockers. For transmission its a 4l65e built with the monster in a box mega ss kit. All in a 92 chevy ext cab 4x4 pickup with a 98 cab now installed with a third door! running only e85