Thread: 99 Silverado 5 speed

Tuner in Training

99 Silverado 5 speed

Hopefully I attached everything I needed to, I read the stickies and to the best of my understanding, this is what I needed.

Anyway, the truck is a 99 Silverado, reg cab, long bed, 5 speed. It was originally a 4.8, it now has a 6.0.

stock bore/stroke LQ4
    stock casting 243 heads (CR ~ 10.4:1)
    aftermarket air intake (K&N)
    stock TB and manifold
    1.625 shorty headers
    214/218, .601/.591, 108 LSA custom ground cam
    stock MAF
    8.1 Marine injectors
    4.10s
    315/70-17 tire

There's the most recent tune file and a log I took today on my way to work along with the config I was told to use.

Now then. I'm still having hot start issues, it wants to come down to idle and die out most of the time and does from time to time, it's really annoying to have all the surging at low/part throttle (say, trying to idle through a parking lot) especially with the 5 speed. Also, I've never been able to get more than 13 mpg no matter what. I know this thing has a lot left to be unleashed, I just really wish I (or the people who have previously tuned it) could make it run like it ought to!

Thanks guys! I've got to get back to reading and learning. Btw, just ordered an NGK wideband with the good sensor too, so I'll have that for future adventures.

Tuner
    http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...e-(w-pictures) check out this link to hp forum idle tuning guide. this should help you abunch. try and follow it as best as possible and repost what your end up with.

Advanced Tuner
    You should do some VE tuning using the narrowband o2's checkout this thread http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...ghlight=tuning. When i did this my truck ran so much better and my gas mileage improved.