Thread: No start

Potential Tuner

No start

Been tuning for a few years, but mostly gen iii stuff. Got a 06 gto 6.0 and t56 installed in a 57 chevy. I disabled vats 1 and 2. Turned off all related codes. Did write entire and reread to make sure it took. The car will turn over, but won't start. Fuel pump primes, but have no injector pulse or spark. I believe it's in the wiring, but the guy just called me to program it and did everything else himself. Wanting to make sure that I'm not missing anything. Also in my experiences with gen 3 vehicles, if vats was still enabled the car would crank, run for a few seconds then die....is this the same on gen 4 vehicles?

Potential Tuner
    Ok car now has spark, but injectors are still not pulsing. Would really appreciate it if someone would take a glance at my file and make sure it's not something I'm missing in the programming.

there is a scanner PID called "Fuel Cut Type". It will tell you the reason for the fuel cut.
    I count sheep in hex...

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by truckin014 View Post
    Been tuning for a few years, but mostly gen iii stuff. Got a 06 gto 6.0 and t56 installed in a 57 chevy. I disabled vats 1 and 2. Turned off all related codes. Did write entire and reread to make sure it took. The car will turn over, but won't start. Fuel pump primes, but have no injector pulse or spark. I believe it's in the wiring, but the guy just called me to program it and did everything else himself. Wanting to make sure that I'm not missing anything. Also in my experiences with gen 3 vehicles, if vats was still enabled the car would crank, run for a few seconds then die....is this the same on gen 4 vehicles?
    under System-General you still have the Clutch interlock enabled, since this is a manual trans operating system, it needs to see the clutch being depressed otherwise it wont run, it could be something else but try that and see if that works

Potential Tuner
    Thanks for the info guys.

Potential Tuner
    So I never did figure this out and its about to drive me crazy. The guy that I did this for lives about an hour away from me, and I only got to mess with it the one day. I talked to him today and he ended up mailing the computer off to have a pro look at it. The pro said it looked like it should have worked to him, but he rewrote it anyway(using a different programmer, not sure what, said he wasn't familiar with HPT). When he got the computer back and plugged it up it cranked right up. Like I said before, I usually stick to gen III but, I've gotta find out one way or another what I did wrong.... Should I have applied the tcs patch? What difference would that make?

Senior Tuner
    Can you still read the PCM?
    If so, get the current file, then do a compare with the one you did.

Potential Tuner
    Will do, just prolly gonna be a month or so before I'll be back that way.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by bartender_77 View Post
    under System-General you still have the Clutch interlock enabled, since this is a manual trans operating system, it needs to see the clutch being depressed otherwise it wont run, it could be something else but try that and see if that works
    Just so everyone knows it did have a switch at the clutch