pnp 3v heads with bronze guides, StainlessSteel valves
    BBk underdrive pulley
    BBK ceramic coated equal length shorty headers
    imrc delete plates
    3.92 gears
    305/40zr18 rear tires
    electronic boost controller
    iat relocation

can't think of anything else. or he didnt tell me.

GOOD: Runs great on 9-10 lbs now. ran ok on factory tune. detonated alot. had to run race gas plus the water meth plus high boost to get it to act like it does now on low boost.

BAD: when letting off throttle then back in, slight hesitation. slow throttle in between shifts. start turning up boost MAF is maxed and detonation starts setting in. one issue was that the coils where backing off and not allowing spark on 6 & 8. we fixed that. we want to make MAF blow through and vent BOV. when weather starts warming up the intake charge pipe gets super hot. we havent had to deal with this yet. a/f gauge started shitting out. going to have a new one coming in.

he loves the way it runs on low boost now. i want to help him get it turned up. this is my first time using HPtuners. and messing with ford. i've done hondas and had good luck.

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    i would rescale your spark tables, i assume your Load value when doing the runs are closer to 1.5 or so. make the changes to all applicable spark tables
    i looked at your openloop fuel targets and you have it set to 12.5 (i would highly recommend you change that to .77 = 11.3 target AFR

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for the input! New wideband is suppose to be here today. I can datalog with sct also if anyone would like to see those. Let me know what pids you want to see.

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    use VCM scanner, all you need to log are the following:

STFT
    Spark Advance
    Airload (engine load)
    rpm

also you may need to change Driver Engine Demand depending on your new power you need to adjust that

Stock MAF can cause problems on turbo, depends how it's installed exactly.
    If it's draw thru, It's nearly impossible to tune this what You are expecting now.
    Buy DBX maf and install in blow thru and Your problems will gone.
    Can You post photos of installation?
    Eastern and Central Europe American Muscle and Harley-Davidson tuning
    www.hd-customs.pl
    http://www.facebook.com/hdcustomspl

Tuner in Training
    Its pull through. Just like all the hellion kits. And its running really good right now on 15#s MAFia is making the factory MAF work excellent and we are to the limit on this 62mm turbo. I will get pictures up later today.

In draw thru as in this setup stock maf will work good on accelerate, but at shift or decel You will have problems as You described, tune can cure it a little, but will not make it as should. You are getting MAF backwash.
    When You install stock maf as blow thru, it has irratic readings and cause problems on WOT, maybe in Hellion will not be so bad, due they have not large diameter pipe and it's quite long and tright before TB.
    www.hd-customs.pl

Tuner in Training
    Little update. Oil punp gears broke. Anyone know a good upgrade? Also IAT get super high. May be upgrading/changin alot of thing here soon

Try TSS, they make billet gears and full assembly.
    How much iat and boost do You have?
    Last edited by caniggia; 03-24-2013 at 05:03 AM.
    www.hd-customs.pl

Tuner in Training
    2013 gt500 oil pump, the backing plate is billet and won't let the gears flex ($64.xx) from tousley. TSS or mmr billet gears are proven to work.

Do you have pn for one?
    Will one make higher pressure?
    Im also interested to change in mine.
    Last edited by caniggia; 03-24-2013 at 07:52 AM.
    www.hd-customs.pl

Tuner in Training
    DR3Z-6600-A is the part number. I believe it's 90psi vs the stock 3v's 70psi.

Great, thanks
    www.hd-customs.pl

Tuner in Training
    No problem.

Tuner in Training
    MMR oil pump on. new serpentine belt, freshly powdercoated valve covers and timing cover. fixed the bolt holes for the coil packs. around 15psi of boost, Diablo Maf extender up to 3. everything running great. hes very happy with it ATM. ready for more boost now. makes 305/40/18 drag radial spin like a regular tire. like nothing back there almost.

Tuner in Training
    still have detonation problem starting at 15psi. the summer heat kills this car. we have notice its when operating temperature gets optimum. we have made a heat shield between the turbo and intake pipes. IAT is located in the charge pipe after intercooler, still will get up to 300 degrees when boosting. I am thinking its a timing thing. when it gets warmed up.

Maybe there is intercooled problem. 300 is lot of, at this degrees I think it will timing bellow 0.
    www.hd-customs.pl

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by caniggia View Post
    Maybe there is intercooled problem. 300 is lot of, at this degrees I think it will timing bellow 0.
    i'm sorry I don't understand your answer. we plan on moving water meth and the intercooler is just the standard hellion s197 kit.

I mean that with this kit and this boost temp is to high. It shouldnt. I had setup with 12 psi without meth injection and i had no more than 160 deg even in high summer temps. I dont think 3 psi can make it so much different.

I measure iat directly in intake if it has matter.
    www.hd-customs.pl

Tuner in Training
    couple of updates on the car. runs 14 psi of boost great, anything over starts detonating. I think its needs timing dealt with. the hotside pipes got rebuilt along with some leaks in the headers, so its spooling a ton more faster. car had motive gear that wasn't setup very well and now the rear end is going to be rebuilt with different gearing.

another car I messed with is an 06 GT with mother thumpr cams, automatic and c&l intake. what a pain in the ass to get to idle. also got the auto trans to really "shit and git" as they say. but he recently pulled cams out for stock and added nitrous. car ran mid 12 in 1/4 mile. with no tune change.