Thread: GM calibration update

GM calibration update

I live in Arkansas(not by choice) and called up Gwatney Chevrolet about updating my pcm to the newest version. Anybody else do this? My buddy said he has done this and made it better. I don't remember why, maybe more or less tables. 99 camaro for me running on custom 2 bar OS. Fyi the guy said it was $100 but my buddy had his done for free so maybe if its worth the time. If its a new os number i won't waste credits right? Same VIN.

Thanks,

-Kyle

Tuner
    They hook a Tech II up to it and install the newest operating system that the PCM will handle. It doesn't change the ability to be tuned or lose credits. I don't see it being $100..
    Four wheels & a motor.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    If you are running one of our custom operating systems gm will not be able to flash over it, you would need to flash the vehicle back to stock to do so.

With that said, probably not worth it.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

I figured that as well. If I put the stock OS back on then had them flash it and then go back to 2 bar OS...or is that pointless? Would the same OS number be loaded regardless of my original OS number. I'm not hell bent on doing this, I just like having up to date software if it makes the computer better. Same reason I'm not on XP or windows 2000 lol. Granted I will not be moving to windows 8.

My logic right now is if upgrading a 2002 PCM to a 2 Bar OS is better then my 99 PCM using a 2 Bar OS then I want the better of the two. I understand not the same thing because of hardware but I bet you get what I'm trying to say.

-Kyle

Advanced Tuner
    The dealer won't upgrade the os they will just make sure that any calibration updates have been done. Whether the update was to correct a hesitation, idle problem etc. You need to upgrade the OS yourself if that is what you want.
    1997 Trans Am WS6 - LS1 swap - TR224 - Pacesetter Longtubes - Yank SS3600
    - 3.42 Moser 12 bolt - Wilwood Brakes - HP Tuners tuned - P1SC-1 Procharger

Quote Originally Posted by flame View Post
    The dealer won't upgrade the os they will just make sure that any calibration updates have been done. Whether the update was to correct a hesitation, idle problem etc. You need to upgrade the OS yourself if that is what you want.
    My OS wont allow for 3 bar VCM Enhancements only 2 bar, but i need 3 bar bad, if i take mine to GM will the calibration updates they do make it so i can get the to 3 bar VCM Enhancements option, if not, how can i upgrade my OS ?

98 camaro?

04 2500hd 4x4 ?

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by flame View Post
    I don't know about that..I had my 1999 Sierra updated to a 2001 calibration using a Tech II, and was able to tune it without buying credits.

But like mentioned if Kyle here has the fancy stuff it might not be worth it.
    Four wheels & a motor.