Thread: hoping a couple of you would look at my tune

hoping a couple of you would look at my tune

having one issue im gradually digging deeper into the tuning of my car and trying to dial in my LTFT and STFT's. I started with the MAF tuning and worked my way down to LTFT's being under 3% STFT's still range from 9+ to 9- but main problem is the third gear change it literally bogs the car down feels like it dumps massive amounts of fuel this is also when KR will shoot up to 8 and drop down gradually regardless of throttle position. Which seems to me like some sort of false KR but i dont know what the next step should be i hope im explainign this right and one of you guys would be willing to guide me in the right direction thanks alot.

Advanced Tuner
    i suggest you to follow ls1 guide steps to tune your vehicle.
    What are your modifications in the car?
    LTFT and STFT are ok, i saw KR to 6 so you may consider reduce -3 only for the starting peak cell to the corresponding octane table cells and see if it is better.
    Anyway, i would consider a WOT run to check for KR, your vehicle speed is too low and it could be also a bump on the road to get in your knock sensor

Quote Originally Posted by ingsteve View Post
    i suggest you to follow ls1 guide steps to tune your vehicle.
    What are your modifications in the car?
    LTFT and STFT are ok, i saw KR to 6 so you may consider reduce -3 only for the starting peak cell to the corresponding octane table cells and see if it is better.
    Anyway, i would consider a WOT run to check for KR, your vehicle speed is too low and it could be also a bump on the road to get in your knock sensor
    I cracked into the tuning guide however I don't have wideband yet so I'm using fuel trims for now mods are full 3' exhaust and 4'fwi ported tb ported intake nothing major however I will take sure advice and go on that route thanks for your time

Advanced Tuner
    wideband is needed for wot.
    If you don't have it, please take the last Hz value you increased during partial throttle on maf tuning (ex. +5% at 8000Hz) and increase 5% also from 8000Hz and upwards to last Hz value so you will be at least safe during wot. I would consider the same amount of increase on your VE table starting for example from 1500RPM then you can smooth both maf curve and ve table. At wot you can have a look at your narrowband signal to ba around 880mV. If you took some logs of your stock car and recorded the stock value for the narrowband, not going below too far (not less than 20mV) from that value means stay safe for sure.

Tuner
    i took a peek at your log file and the charts. looks to me like its just burst knock. try and zero your enable delta cyl air table under spark retard. re-drive and log your run. if you get any kr then it is probably real kr. once you have found its just burst knock put the table back to normal as its a good thing to have and seems to allow more timing to be added.

You can definitely disable BKR and any tip in or etc torque management that you see in the tune. This will greatly affect driving characteristics of the car and allow you to see what's actually going on.
    Gray Ghost- The abomination. 2007 Chevrolet Silverado CCSB. 98mm turbo, nitrous, 428LSX, Rossler 80E with a brake. Finally finished. 23 psi, no numbers, Slow as hell.

PBM G8- Aluminum 364, twin Precision 67/66 turbos, 6L90 trans swap, CTS-V/Vaporworx fuel system, slowly making progress.

Dads 2011 CTS-V- Stock bottom end, stock heads, LS9 cam, pullies, ported blower, ported TB, D3 goodies, and lots of nitrous.
    618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

Caterpillar 50 Forklift- Duramax swap