Thread: New port/polish Throttle Body idle issues.

Tuner in Training

New port/polish Throttle Body idle issues.

I have installed a port/polished TB on my 07' Avalanche 5.3L. It is the same size "87mm" as the stock model. Upon starting vehicle, the engline will initially idle a bit high by about 400-500 rpm for a few secs, then settle back to normal range. While in park, if i moderately press gas to about 3000 rpm, it will very slowly return to normal idle instead of falling at a normal faster rate. Shortly after starting, as soon as I put it in gear or reverse then it will take off on its own with "no gas applied at all", not insanely fast but definitely a problem. Finally, when cruising around and letting off throttle completely and using brake, I can still feel truck trying to slightly push through the braking a little. Obviously my brakes are gonna wear very soon until I fix this. This is a replacement TB as the first one did the same thing and I thought that maybe it was a defective TB, but it behaves the same. My 09 Corvette has a TB also from same guy, but it performs flawlessly. Any ideas on how to tune this down? My tune is attached.

Tuner in Training
    My current tune

It should settle in after driving awhile. If not, you may have to adjust your min airflow table.

Tuner in Training
    I multiplied minimum idle airflow table by 0.80. It is acting much closer to stock now. I had to raise 1st gear shift mph points by a couple mph. It was shifting into 2nd very early with the stronger throttle response, which is dramatic by the way.

Adjust the airflow step up, down some.
    Gray Ghost- The abomination. 2007 Chevrolet Silverado CCSB. 98mm turbo, nitrous, 428LSX, Rossler 80E with a brake. Finally finished. 23 psi, no numbers, Slow as hell.

PBM G8- Aluminum 364, twin Precision 67/66 turbos, 6L90 trans swap, CTS-V/Vaporworx fuel system, slowly making progress.

Dads 2011 CTS-V- Stock bottom end, stock heads, LS9 cam, pullies, ported blower, ported TB, D3 goodies, and lots of nitrous.
    618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

Caterpillar 50 Forklift- Duramax swap