Thread: P0106 code

Advanced Tuner

P0106 code

I am intermittently getting this code. Should I just replace the sensor or is there something in the tune that would help with this? I heard with head and cam work this sometimes happens. I have a ls3 102maf meter from reckart performance. but i was told the maf and map are independent of each other.

Senior Tuner
    Tune?
    Log of it happening?

Quote Originally Posted by CactusG8 View Post
    I am intermittently getting this code. Should I just replace the sensor or is there something in the tune that would help with this? I heard with head and cam work this sometimes happens. I have a ls3 102maf meter from reckart performance. but i was told the maf and map are independent of each other.
    What else have you done to the car?

P0106 generally is triggered by aftermarket camshaft that leaves the car idling in a different vacuum than when it left the OEM. P0106 has the threshold values broken out in some OS's, in others, there is just the tab to disable the tests based on temp range. In that case, 0101,0106, and 0121 are usually lumped together. These are not codes addressed in the DTC tree (I mean, they are there, but it's not the goto spot to disable them), look in the other tabs under Engine Diag.

If you are still running the stock cam, this would likely be an indicator of an issue that you would not want to tune over.
    Steve Williams
    TunedbyFrost.com