Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Help! 2012 Camaro w/E39 driving me insane!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners View Post
    sorry to be a pain, but can you please add ETC Source to the PIDs and make another log.

This is a weird one.
    Yes Chris. I'll be more than happy to make another log. I'll have to get the customer back over here tomorrow though. Hopefully you don't mind waiting.

-Robbie.
    Last edited by IDRIVEAG8GT; 02-08-2013 at 01:40 AM.
    Gray Ghost- The abomination. 2007 Chevrolet Silverado CCSB. 98mm turbo, nitrous, 428LSX, Rossler 80E with a brake. Finally finished. 23 psi, no numbers, Slow as hell.

PBM G8- Aluminum 364, twin Precision 67/66 turbos, 6L90 trans swap, CTS-V/Vaporworx fuel system, slowly making progress.

Dads 2011 CTS-V- Stock bottom end, stock heads, LS9 cam, pullies, ported blower, ported TB, D3 goodies, and lots of nitrous.
    618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

Caterpillar 50 Forklift- Duramax swap

why is your map only 84kPa at full throttle?

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by kangsta View Post
    Yeah I was wondering this aswell

Quote Originally Posted by kangsta View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Di Resta View Post
    Yeah I was wondering this aswell
    Good questions guys. I don't really know. At key forward our Baro here is 89kPa,
    So you'd think when it finally does go WOT it'd be 89.

Maybe intake manifold restriction?
    Last edited by IDRIVEAG8GT; 02-08-2013 at 05:31 PM.
    Gray Ghost- The abomination. 2007 Chevrolet Silverado CCSB. 98mm turbo, nitrous, 428LSX, Rossler 80E with a brake. Finally finished. 23 psi, no numbers, Slow as hell.

PBM G8- Aluminum 364, twin Precision 67/66 turbos, 6L90 trans swap, CTS-V/Vaporworx fuel system, slowly making progress.

Dads 2011 CTS-V- Stock bottom end, stock heads, LS9 cam, pullies, ported blower, ported TB, D3 goodies, and lots of nitrous.
    618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

Here ya go. Quick standing rev log with the PID that was requested.

618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

this is a tough one, i'm still wokring thru some of the possibilities but i think it is related to the torque calculation and possibly the high alititude conditions you have there. I was hoping the log with ETC source would we like the other logs where i can see the transition from limited throttle to WOT and hopefully see the ETC source change.

I should have something to try in the next few days.

I haven't heard of anyone else having this issue, hence i'm leaning towards the low baro influencing the max torque limit.

Chris...
    I count sheep in hex...

this is a tough one, i'm still wokring thru some of the possibilities but i think it is related to the torque calculation and possibly the high alititude conditions you have there. I was hoping the log with ETC source would we like the other logs where i can see the transition from limited throttle to WOT and hopefully see the ETC source change.

I should have something to try in the next few days.

I haven't heard of anyone else having this issue, hence i'm leaning towards the low baro influencing the max torque limit.

Chris...
    Ok Chris. Anything else I can do to help, let me know. I really appreciate you looking into this.

-Robbie.

618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

Chris, got any update?

Customer told me he drove the car down to roughly 2,100 feet in elevation and it exhibited similar "seat of the pants feelings"

Not too sure if that helps any but that's what I have.

Let me know,
    -Rob.
    Last edited by IDRIVEAG8GT; 02-13-2013 at 01:18 PM.

618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

still looking, probably won't have anything until mid next week.

Chris...
    I count sheep in hex...

looks like it only opens the throttle enough to maintain the Manifold pressure equal to baro level. So if your baro is 84kPa and you want WOT the ECM doesnt open the throttle any more after it sees 84kPa as there really isnt any point if there is no vacuum in the manifold....

Hey Chris tell me a good story!

618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

still looking, probably won't have anything until mid next week.

Chris...
    I'm guessing this was more of a challenge than you expected huh?

618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

Now that a new version is out was there a fix to be found with this?

Quote Originally Posted by IDRIVEAG8GT View Post
    Now that a new version is out was there a fix to be found with this?
    not yet sorry
    I count sheep in hex...

Anything now? Customer has been bugging me and all I can tell him is "soon"

Potential Tuner
    We have a 2012 V6 Camaro here with the same problem and from what we can gather it is a MAP/Torque correlation issue. The Torque Model Coefficient Tables (not avail. in HP Tuners) need to be adjusted to allow the throttle to fully open at lower MAP values. We are still working through some of the issues to get this sorted out.

Any news on this?

Tuner in Training b2319dragracer's Avatar
    Any luck with this. my 2012 2LT Camaro has this same issue. I also need a way to increase my fuel pressure command. Any help would be great. I'm on the fine edge of having my car into an 11 second ET if I can keep fuel pressures from dropping below 45psi while on nitrous and causing my low pressure switch to turn off my system. I use HP Tuners Pro Suite. I'm am very new to all of this style of tuning.

Quote Originally Posted by Meister@Torq View Post
    We have a 2012 V6 Camaro here with the same problem and from what we can gather it is a MAP/Torque correlation issue. The Torque Model Coefficient Tables (not avail. in HP Tuners) need to be adjusted to allow the throttle to fully open at lower MAP values. We are still working through some of the issues to get this sorted out.

Quote Originally Posted by b2319dragracer View Post
    Any luck with this. my 2012 2LT Camaro has this same issue. I also need a way to increase my fuel pressure command. Any help would be great. I'm on the fine edge of having my car into an 11 second ET if I can keep fuel pressures from dropping below 45psi while on nitrous and causing my low pressure switch to turn off my system. I use HP Tuners Pro Suite. I'm am very new to all of this style of tuning.
    I don't believe the torque model has yet been added with HPT. I asked a buddy to take a look at one with EFI and that also doesnt seem to have the necessary throttle versus MAP correlation table.

I wonder if it would be possible to fudge the MAP sensor offset in the tune and reduce fueling xfer by the same percentage to fool the ECM into opening the TB completely.

Tuner in Training b2319dragracer's Avatar
    We can just keep hoping.