Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: what is this trans tqmgmt?

Tuner in Training
    Look at your first post, your screen shots and what you were asking. Your's was pulling timing at the shifts and you asked why it was doing that. Instead of starting a new thread on a same topic I asked in yours since it was relevant.

Either way. carry on. I figured out what I needed to do.

Tuner
    No. Mine was pulling timing due to some kind of torque management that was kicking in due to "trans slip".
    Read again...

Quote Originally Posted by SICK WS 6 View Post
    1 more try here fellers. 2 more screen shots, but I've taken the data that isn't important out. Hopefully this will make it easier to see.

Here's a successful 1-2 shift when the car had the factory torque converter. The orange line shows commanded gear and in the white circle at the bottom you can see where it commands the shift into 2nd.
    At that same time, the red circle shows that there is some kind of calculated trans slip that starts. That slip peaks right at the HPT cursor line at 6477rpm where the shift into 2nd actually initiates. A little bit of timing gets pulled via TM (blue circle) and we're into 2nd gear with a 6500ish rpm shift. Perfect.

Here's where it gets nasty.
    White circle first. The car launches and fights for traction. There's a little bit of trans slip, and then the command to 2nd gets made (orange line) and trans slip raises just like it did in the screen shot above.
    The red circle again shows the trans slip, but see how it shoots up and peaks and how timing gets pulled at that peak and how RPM comes down?
    That's the TM that I'm talking about.
    Once the trans slip is back under control, you can see the timing start to get put back in...green circle. Slip goes up, timing comes down. Slip goes down, timing goes back up.
    Then right after that you can see the blue circle where the timing gets pulled via upshift torque management. There's two different distinct events here where timing gets pulled.
    And the whole time, the car never gets above 5900rpm.
    You can see the 2 to 3 shift to the right executes perfectly.
    So what TM is pulling that timing???

2013 ZL1 A6

Senior Tuner
    you have it setup to pull timing. if you want to get rid of this side of it. in the right hand column of the torque management tab under the trans header, there is a tab in there that is setup to pull timing on the upshift.

adjust your shift timers and pressures. also the adaptives oncoming and off.
    The most hated, make the most power.
    93 Ranger. 5.3 D1X. 1069hp.