Thread: anyone with access to a 2005 Corvette M6?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)

anyone with access to a 2005 Corvette M6?

Need to run a test with the newest scanner if you have access please email support at hptuners.com

It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    Sent to email support.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    Need to run a test with the newest scanner if you have access please email support at hptuners.com

I have one sitting in my shop. Crank pulley wobble from hell. LOL

Tuner
    I got 93 vettes on my lot if i can help.

Advanced Tuner
    Have you ever compared what the interface is logging for speed through the VCM scanner and the tacho?
    Mine (european model) shows some difference (VCM scanner shows about 10% less the speed i read on the tacho).
    I log km/h...

Advanced Tuner
    @ingsteve: if it is a true European model or an imported US model which has an Euro instrument cluster then the speedo advance is a EU legislation (law) requirement. All GM cars have a 7% speedo advance built into the Euro instrument cluster and it can not be changed. This got nothing to do with HPtuner or the PCM although you can fool the cluster if you reduce VCM output by 7%. But, it'll also slows down Odometer and plays with fuel consumption numbers of course.

Advanced Tuner
    5litreater aka Bill has an 05 m6 vette, PM him.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by carlrx7 View Post
    5litreater aka Bill has an 05 m6 vette, PM him.
    He was actually the first person I emailed, over the years I've gotten to know our customer base pretty well, from them either yelling at me to fix something or befriending them

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ccrp View Post
    @ingsteve: if it is a true European model or an imported US model which has an Euro instrument cluster then the speedo advance is a EU legislation (law) requirement. All GM cars have a 7% speedo advance built into the Euro instrument cluster and it can not be changed. This got nothing to do with HPtuner or the PCM although you can fool the cluster if you reduce VCM output by 7%. But, it'll also slows down Odometer and plays with fuel consumption numbers of course.

This is a good assumption....yes it is a true european model (not imported)...so it should mean that the 7% more on speed signal is done directly by the Euro instrument cluster and not by the PCM for which the same output value is equal between USA or European version....

So HPTuners should log the raw PCM speed signal and the tacho should plot the same signal increased by about 7%...

We need to make sure this is in line with what you are saying...do you have the same problem with your corvette?
    Last edited by ingsteve; 01-31-2013 at 03:32 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    that is not a problem per say, it is a legal requirement !

and yes that problem exists with EVERY Euro specced car, not just Corvette. From Ferrari/Fiat to Audi and so on, all must have that advance. Only US instrument clusters show correct speed. HPTuners always logs the true uncorrected speed in the PCM.

Install an US instrument cluster and you'll see actual speed with no advance

PS.: I am only working on Corvettes.....

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Thanks for the heads up ccrp

Advanced Tuner
    I have done an extensive test this weekend by a elm327 bluetooth obd interface and Torque software for android device.

I can confirm the speed readings are matching with hptuner values and are lower than what shows the tacho/hud.

This means definitly it is the european tacho system that increase the ecu signal.

Is there any way to recalibrate the tacho by hptuners?

If the speed actually is greater than 7% (i will check with a gps for accuracy) then also the total km should be greater than the real ones...

Advanced Tuner
    no total km are correct ! that's the reason why it is done in the cluster and not the PCM.

if you fool your tacho to show correct then your total will become off. It is trade off, but your total km will show 7% less then