asking about is a 98 camaro with 99 harness with a 99+ ecu running a 3 bar
    speed density os. The P# on the ecu is 12200411. My buddy had another
    tuner start on it but he gave up so I figured I would give him a hand. I am
    not some idiot newb but have only used hp tuners previously on a one other
    sd. camaro and that went easy as cake.

The problem I am having is no matter what I have done to the rom the car
    goes dead lean at 60-70kpa. I can play with injector scaling, latency and
    max the ve table out and no matter what it goes dead lean. I can get the
    car to start and idle fine and will slow free rev ok as it only goes to about 50 kpa that way. If you try to stab the throttle quickly the thing goes lean from going higher in load. This is only load dependent, rpm does not play a effect.

The ecu description says its a Chevy silverado (v6) 2001. Do I need to
    use some sort of a v8 rom for this to run properly? Any help and insight is
    greatly appreciated. I can upload a cal fil when I get home.

Tuner in Training
    Cal file uploaded

Senior Tuner
    It appears you have a v6 operating system that has had the data swapped into it for 6.0 v8. However, being a v6 operating system 2 injectors are not being fired. You need to relash the pcm with a v8 operating system to start with.

Tuner in Training
    How many more credits will I need to purchase to do this? Will I need to purchase all four as it is set up for speed density or just two?

Senior Tuner
    Its unfortunate this was not realized sooner, you will have to license a v8 file and relicense the custom operating system. A total of 4 credits. I would suggest sending file to support and telling them of your mistake, and ask if they can modify your file. I believe there are "switches" they can flip in the software to make it a v8 file. I am not sure if they will do this for you, but does not hurt to ask before spending 200$.

Tuner in Training
    Who would I send a email to exactly? I tried to email tech support about this problem and was told to just go to the forums they cant help me as they are not tuners. And thank you on your input! Just dont want to bother the wrong people.

Senior Tuner
    Again, not sure they will help, but worth a try. Email same people, but explain you have a v8 and accidently started off with v6 file. Ask if they will modify file for v8, possibly do a v6/v8 segement swap.

Tuner in Training
    Just did. Hopefully they can do something

Tuner in Training
    your os is used on both v8 and v6 so it has nothing to do with that. I would check your fuel pressure.
    Last edited by acehaag; 02-02-2013 at 10:25 AM.

birthplace of GM- Flint, MI where the water is heavy
    My 411 wouldn't let me run the v8 correctly without telling it that it was a v8 silvy instead of a v6 blazer. I dunno maybe I made a booboo somewhere, I would rather have only spent 2 credits though.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by longboxdime View Post
    My 411 wouldn't let me run the v8 correctly without telling it that it was a v8 silvy instead of a v6 blazer. I dunno maybe I made a booboo somewhere, I would rather have only spent 2 credits though.
    to switch from the v6 to an ls v8 you have to go into the system settings and turn off the low res crank so it knows it is a 24x crank instead of a 4x crank