Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best wide band?

Tuner in Training

Best wide band?

What type of WB 02 and controller would be to have with pro?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by GsimAviation View Post
    What type of WB 02 and controller would be to have with pro?
    TechEdge. www.wbo2.com

Tuner in Training
    Do e have to order from Austrailia?

Are you really looking for THE BEST, or something that is "affordable"? The context of whether this is just for a single enthusiast who is curious about their AFR is may result in something very different than what a professional (one who gets paid to make correct adjustments) might desire.

A lot of the "affordable" widebands are little more than toys in my experience. As a professional, I use ECM laboratory grade equipment, but that's usually outside of the typical enthusiast's budget. However, the NGK AFX is actually made by ECM and can usually be had for about $300, and it's considerably more reliable than many other units out there.

What greg said

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Potential Tuner

NGK AFX all the way

Ive used a considerable amount of different WB setups with a few being absolutely terrible. NGK seems to be the best and it stays accurate much longer than Inovate ect...

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by eficalibrator View Post
    Are you really looking for THE BEST, or something that is "affordable"? The context of whether this is just for a single enthusiast who is curious about their AFR is may result in something very different than what a professional (one who gets paid to make correct adjustments) might desire.

A lot of the "affordable" widebands are little more than toys in my experience. As a professional, I use ECM laboratory grade equipment, but that's usually outside of the typical enthusiast's budget. However, the NGK AFX is actually made by ECM and can usually be had for about $300, and it's considerably more reliable than many other units out there.
    I have your book, I worded wrong. What is the the most used wideband out there? Sorry, it may just be like Ford Chevy so I got the the LC 1

Been using the FAST system for a while now and just ordered a new LM-2. Will give you my opinion after a week of use.
    2008/2010 LSX SHOOTOUT CHAMPION
    First 5th gen in the 9's
    TX mile LSX Record Holder
    GETTING IT DONE WORLD WIDE!!!
    Late Model Racecraft
    713-466-9900
    WWW.LATEMODELRACECRAFT.COM

Advanced Tuner
    Daytona Sensors has a really good wego IIID setup out. Superflow uses them for their dyno's. I use them on mine as well, and they have a free air calibration that you can do to ensure the o2 is working correctly

Tuner in Training
    I am returning the LC1 and getting the LM2 with analog outputs.

Advanced Tuner
    Very happy with the Zeitronix ZT3.
    2007 Corvette C6 Vert. A6
    LME LS402, Pat G custom cam, ATI 10% OD Damper
    Circle D triple disc 2600, 3.42 Diff
    YSI, 3.0 pulley, ID 1000's
    Alky Control Meth,
    ARH 1 7/8 headers,
    1009 RWHP @ 7000, 817 RWT @ 6000

Tuner in Training
    Been threw 2 LM2's already and my last one I used for about a month and threw it in the toolbox.
    I haven't made a million post's so im not a super tooner

IMO

#1 would be NGK AFX
    #2 would be Innovate MTX-L (currently using this)
    Bill Winters

Former owner/builder/tuner of the FarmVette
    Out of the LSx tuning game

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by LSX378 View Post
    TechEdge. www.wbo2.com
    +1 for wbo2. They are generally more accurate than most widebands because they use 10 bit versus 8 bit resolution (which is 4 times higher). Another bonus is that they have a narrowband simulator output, so you could swap a narrowband with a wideband, and keep your car's computer happy and accurate. I've tuned several vehicles with this, and the results have been great.

I'm also looking for a good wideband. I'm very interested in TechEdge's DIY WB (I'm a soldering pro ) but its on a pretty long back order. The main reason I'm interested in it is because of the LSU 4.9 sensor. Is it really worth it over the older 4.2 sensors?

Get the NGK and be done with it. I have three, and they all read the same every time.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

Quote Originally Posted by air1kdf View Post
    +1 for wbo2. They are generally more accurate than most widebands because they use 10 bit versus 8 bit resolution (which is 4 times higher).
    Out of curiosity, when was the last time anyone on here needed to make a fueling adjustment that was less than a 0.4% (1/256, the resolution of 8bit)? I would suggest that it's more important to make sure that whatever number you're getting for lambda in the first place is properly calculated than to be able to slice a less accurate number into smaller pieces for recording and transmittal.

Advanced Tuner
    Currently looking for a ECM AFM-1000.

Greg what do you think of it compared to the NGK ?
    It is really worth it ?

I'm currently using a PLX.
    Bad experiences with innovate : not working ones, non accurate, ....

Where the place place to order an ECM AFM-1000 ?

I wanted a Lambda Pro ... way too expensive (about $3500).

What are the differences between an AFM 1000 ($1500) vs Lambda Pro ($3500)
    Last edited by Brice; 02-04-2013 at 08:39 AM.

Tuner
    I'm using the NGK here, I have the LM2 but always choose the NGK

I obviously prefer the actual ECM units over the NGK, but I'm a pro with a dedicated budget for test equipment. The AFM1000 has a wider measurement range than the AFX, so that comes in handy a lot.

You should be able to order directly from ECM. Just call and ask for Fabio or Ron. ECM actually gives a healthy discount to the guys who take my live classes, as they like having their equipment in the hands of trained people.

I probably wouldn't recommend the LambdaPro anymore. I bought mine a while ago when there were fewer options. I just hasn't failed me, so why get rid of it?

If you're looking for more than the AFM1000, look at the AFM1500 which also includes a serial data output and can be daisy chained with a total of 16 units. Adding an external digital display is relatively cheap and easy too if you want one. All you have to do is ask ECM for a DIS1000 at the same time. (I have this combination as well!)