Thread: Help with LC-1

Tuner in Training

Help with LC-1

I bought this WB O2 about a year ago, but am just now getting around to hooking it up. I have a power and a ground running to it from the engine bay. I have both the grounds on the same lug. The yellow wire, I have running to my MPVI.

I went to the main table and put in Wide Band LC1. Will this work, or do I need to do it manually. Is there any ground that I need to run from the LC-1 to the MPVI? I cranked the vehicle and it did show a read out of 10.5, but didn’t fluctuate much. The car is running so rich that it burns my eyes after a few seconds.

I have done several searches and read a lot, but I am just not comprehending. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Advanced Tuner
    running that rich you wont see much flucuation if any.

Advanced Tuner
    there needs to be a ground going from the LC-1 to pin 5 on the MPVI.

i know there are some threads that show how to wire it up, maybe search LC-2 as well.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks Doc.

Tuner in Training
    Ok, I hooked it all up and was looking for some change, but it is still showing 10.5 in all the idle cells. So I went into the VE and lowerd the VE in the idle cells, but this has made no differemce. It idles noticeably different, so I know there has to be some AFR variation, but the AFR is still showing 10.5. Any idea what I done wrong?

Tuner in Training
    I figured out that I should have had the brown Wire plugged into the MPVI instead of the Yellow wire. It is reading correctly now. Thanks.