Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Support for the C7?

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    Send the pcm to...

Seriously get us a pcm and we'll get to work on it
    As soon as I take delivery of ours you will be getting the file. I find it hard that GM would lock them considering the market for GMPP. Time will tell.

Steven Fereday
    2008/2010 LSX SHOOTOUT CHAMPION
    First 5th gen in the 9's
    TX mile LSX Record Holder
    GETTING IT DONE WORLD WIDE!!!
    Late Model Racecraft
    713-466-9900
    WWW.LATEMODELRACECRAFT.COM

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5_Liter_Eater View Post
    Donno what an A2L file is but
    in a nutshell. the ecm code. source code if you will. or big money. any of the above.
    The most hated, make the most power.
    93 Ranger. 5.3 D1X. 1069hp.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Tunning @ LMR View Post
    I find it hard that GM would lock them considering the market for GMPP. Time will tell.

Steven Fereday
    yeah that is perfect reason for them to lock it.."see page 122 in the GMPP catalog"

Stage 1 cam, headers and tune $XXXX
    Stage 2 TVS supercharger tune ect.......$XXXXX

hope i am wrong!

Potential Tuner
    maybe it's not such a bad thing. the stock ecu can adapt to quite a bit of modification. poor modders/tuners cause failures, and leads to warranty fraud. GM nor its dealers appreciate that.

We WILL see ported and cammed LT1 grenading. GM spent 6 million computer hours nailing the combustion system. Only a handful of people in the country will be able to port a set of heads in a few hours, and see improvements. Most will hurt performance and emissions/fuel economy.

Quote Originally Posted by cstavro View Post
    ... Only a handful of people in the country will be able to port a set of heads in a few hours, and see improvements. Most will hurt performance and emissions/fuel economy.
    You may well be correct, but factory calibrators and engineers have said this before about other platforms as well...
    Steve Williams
    TunedbyFrost.com

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    You may well be correct, but factory calibrators and engineers have said this before about other platforms as well...
    he sounds oddly like the bigg gunz guy from tech..lol.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Wnts2Go10O View Post
    he sounds oddly like the bigg gunz guy from tech..lol.
    ooohhh i see what you did there
    The most hated, make the most power.
    93 Ranger. 5.3 D1X. 1069hp.

Potential Tuner

It looks like its trying to be a ferrari. I like my corvettes because they look crazy!

Senior Tuner
    So where is everyone going to get the knowledge to safely and correctly modify a direct injected engine like the new LT1. How many hours in a lab do you think GM engineers spent learning about it?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 2xLS1 View Post
    So where is everyone going to get the knowledge to safely and correctly modify a direct injected engine like the new LT1. How many hours in a lab do you think GM engineers spent learning about it?
    DI has been around long before GM came out with the LT1. Diesels have been using it for years. As have many higher end cars which have been built/tuned one way or another. The LT1 is not that special. DI isnt that much different than what we already know.