Thread: another where to start topic

Advanced Tuner

another where to start topic

I have read through literally every post in this board, and still don't have a starting point. What is ve, ltft, etc. I am supposed to be able to start tuning this fri software is in mail. First I'm going to start off with transmission to get that where I want. Then, I'm going to move on to a/f and I'm going to need lots of help there. Then I'll move on from there. Can someone tell me waht they did to start? Thanks.
    2001 Camaro SS A4

Advanced Tuner

Re: another where to start topic

Start out logging and get your part throttle cruise LTFT's slightly negative (0 to -5 or so) on average with no positive numbers. This way when you go to WOT the VCM won't be adding any additional fuel because of positive LTFT's. That is generally where everyone starts out.
    Eric - 01 Silverado 5.3 ECSB
    ET: [email protected] 1.77 60' 5200 lbs

Crappy website about my truck

My Myspace page
    Usually contains explicit material (language, etc..)
    It's Peanut Butter Jelly Time!

Advanced Tuner

so how do I get my part throttle cruise ltft's slightly negative? By adjusting VE? Sorry for being so dumb. I get software tomorrow, so I got some playing to do. And what # exactly produces most power? THanks.
    2001 Camaro SS A4

Tuner

There is a "how to" section in the help manual that comes with the package on this topic that is pretty good under the "VCM Editior" tab.

Good luck!

I'm learning this also as we speak.

Brad
    2007 VR z06...stock right now