Thread: How to generate a ve table based on MAF data

How to generate a ve table based on MAF data

I've read about this until I am blue in the face. I have been reading this thread over and over but I can't seem to figure it out: http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...t=19361&page=2

I'm tuning a e38 G8 GT with a Magnuson and a cam. I have a zr1 map and applied the 2 bar os. I set up a histo to log GMVE but it just basically logs the values that are currently in the ve tables. It isn't giving me usable data, just the values I already have in the tune which I pulled from another tune posted online. If I zero out the ve tables as it would have been when I applied the 2 bar os the GMVE just logs zeros everywhere...

The values I have in there now are miles away from being correct and it would be nice if there were a way to generate a ve table based on MAF data but I am too dumb to figure it out.

So I set up the following custom pid with the following formula to calculate GMVE based on the thread I linked in the op:

GMVE = [PID.2126.MET] / [SENS.30.MET] * [PID.2321.MET] * 1000
    GMVE = MAT / MAP * CAM * 1000

It seems to have given me logical values to put into my ve tables.

Now my question is what to do with all the zero's in the cells that I don't hit while driving or logging on the dyno? I can interpolate the zero's that have numbers on either side but what are you guys doing to fill in the very low and very high kpa columns as well as the high rpm area of the table at part throttle?

I'd like to run this without a maf so I need an entire functional table.

Also, will a maf that isn't perfectly calibrated upset these values? The maf doesn't seem to exactly cooperate in the wide open throttle regions....it seems to jump around a lot from cell to cell sweeping up then back down a bit and back up which is making it hard to get a solid steady afr throughout the entire rpm range.

Did you tune your MAF with wide band ,, if yes. If you trust your wideband and happy with ur maf only tune , then you can log your GM VE airflow , with MAF ONLY tune , take the GMVE number and put them in ur 2 bar OS VE tables ,,, it seem very easy to me and I hope I didn't miss any point
    specialize in: V8 Conversion & Tuning (UAE- DUBAI)
    supercharge installation
    Salah clutches for Nissan, Toyota and GM car

Try this
    GMVE= IPW*IFR*AFRwb*MAT/MAP.
    I think you have to have the scanner set to Metric units for it to work properly. It seems to be doing the trick for me.