Thread: LEAN during WOT when dynamic fueling is enabled

Tuner in Training

LEAN during WOT when dynamic fueling is enabled

I have found that ALL the vehicles I tune drive smoother when the dynamic fueling is enabled.

I have gone through the trouble of calibrating MAF and SD on the newer cars that use the new 30 zone mathematical approach for SD tuning.

They run perfect in SD mode or MAF only mode with identical AF on my dyno, but when dynamic fueling is enabled the calculated air mass I record is lower than either mode by its self. The result is lean WOT. This is a huge concern because my business model is to give ANY of my customers the best available with any given materials.

MAF only tuning isnt what the engineers wanted and has small quirks and slower throttle response.

SD tuning is great with the exception of temperature fluctuations of the sensors especially hot startup in a warm climate.

MAF+SD I get reliable hot start performance, great throttle response and no quirks that MAF only has.

My work around for now has been to set the MAF failure frequency low enough to force SD mode when the throttle is opened more than a light cruise. I have also increased the SD airflow calculations in boost regions to get the targeted AF for part throttle boost maintained. I could keep dynamic fueling functioning this way for positive displacement supercharger and keep the throttle response/ feeling of a new vehicle.

I have also experienced this with an 06 I recently tuned and upgraded to the 2bar OS and VE table.
    Correct response in MAF only, or SD only mode. After I enabled everything WOT was lean.

Why does the airmass calculate correctly when in either mode by its self, but when running in dynamic mode its lower and responds with a lean WOT.

Correctly is a minimum +/- 5% stft and within .2 AF WOT or better.

Josh.

Tuner in Training
    hey josh.

so i know its been 8 years since this post but did you ever get this resolved im having a very similar issue.

Quote Originally Posted by uncommoncents View Post
    hey josh.

so i know its been 8 years since this post but did you ever get this resolved im having a very similar issue.
    Look up threads on Prediction Coefficients. It seems most zero them out and this issue goes away.