Thread: Can anyone check my log?

Tuner in Training

Can anyone check my log?

I recently got HP tuners and got a starting tune from someone. I know its not fully dialed in, so I don't expect it to be perfect. I still need to break in the new transmission. I just want someone to look at this let me know if it seems to be safe. I have no idea how to look at this.

Thanks in advance.

Read the stickies.

Post your setup, tune, and other critical information for us to give you feedback. Do you have a WB? That is important.

Looks like the car is in OL.
    Sulski Performance Tuning
    2000 WS6 M6 - LS6 (long block, refreshed top end), 10.8:1 CR, 90 mm ported FAST, Exo-Skel, 227/232 cam, QTP HVMC, EWP, GMMG, 9" w/4.11s
    2018 Sierra SLT 5.3L A8 - Airaid intake tube, GM Borla catback, L86 Intake/Ported TB

Tuner in Training
    Ok I am sorry. I didn't read the stickies. I will post up my tune in a second, I just need to switch to the other computer.
    My setup is a 96 Camaro with an LT1 just recently finished the 24x conversion using a 99Z28 PCM and truck coils.
    Motor is a forged 383 stroker
    12.3 compression ported heads and intake. 236/244 cam 112 LSA
    6 speed, 5 bar (I belive, its from an 02 Z06) MAF
    Ford SVT green top injectors (I am pretty sure its 42lbs)

If I am missing anything else critical to it please let me know.

Tuner in Training
    And here is my tune that I been using.

Again thanks in advance.
    The reason why I am concerend is because I have not had much time driving the car and this morning it was having a hard time to start. The first 30 or so it sounded like the car had a mis-fire.
    Also when the car has been sitting for a little while and I start it up I need to keep my foot on the gas for a little bit to keep idle if not it just stalls out.
    Last edited by The Joker; 01-04-2013 at 02:13 PM.

Tuner in Training
    I forgot to answer you question about the wideband. Yes I do have one, its an LC-1 from innovate, but the car has been sitting for a long time and my AFRs seem to be off. I am going to have to recalibrate it.

you also have to post your config. They can't see what you see unless you post ur configuration.
    Just finished ASME, Now working on BSME

You don't need a config to see what was logged. I see what he has just fine. We just need more info to see what is really going on.

Try to get a log with some steady throttle and good pulls, that will help. Something funny in the log at one spot it seems the MAF maxed out, injectors are getting quite high too and I am questioning if the car isn't too rich. I would check out the timing table too, I would try to smooth is out some, there are some dips and jumps in there that could be optimized. Not sure about the max timing on an LT car though.
    2000 WS6 M6 - LS6 (long block, refreshed top end), 10.8:1 CR, 90 mm ported FAST, Exo-Skel, 227/232 cam, QTP HVMC, EWP, GMMG, 9" w/4.11s
    2018 Sierra SLT 5.3L A8 - Airaid intake tube, GM Borla catback, L86 Intake/Ported TB

Tuner in Training
    Excuse my ignorance but what do you mean by configuration?

WS6firebirdTA00 what more info do you need? I will try to get a better pull for you but yes I do think the car is on the rich side. You can defiantly smell the fuel

It is just the set up that you use in your scanner to log what you want to see. Custom Histograms and custom PIDS that you create can't be seen by others if you don't post the .cfg file. For example, when you use your scanner to log your WB you have to create a custom PID. You can then use your PID to log a correction factor for each value in your VE table. You can save ur custom config by clicking the left side save button in the tool bar and you can save the log by clicking the right side save button. But you have already figured that one out. I like to post my configs just so that I am giving all the info I can possibly give. But I guess it isn't as necessary as I thought it was. I am still new and have alot to learn.

Tuner in Training
    I thought there was a way to read the AFRs using the stock O2 sensors?
    Iv still got the wideband but its been in there for a few years now just so I can always monitor it but I think right now it needs to be re calibrated.

There is a way to guess, but is is nowhere close to being accurate. Your numbers would tend to indicate it is rich.

Tuner in Training
    Does it seem to be safe enough to drive around?

I didn't look at the log, but the MAF will need to be dialed in among other things. Kind of a guess to get it started . The good thing about CL is it will fix the AFR to stoich. I say take it out and drive it.

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Tuner in Training
    What is "CL"?

CL=Closed loop control which is when the 02's are working.
    OL=Open loop control no 02 feedback to correct for fueling. This happens at PE (WOT transition) and upon initial startup.

14 Gen 5 Viper

I thought there was a way to read the AFRs using the stock O2 sensors?
    Iv still got the wideband but its been in there for a few years now just so I can always monitor it but I think right now it needs to be re calibrated.
    You CAN log AFR with stock o2 but its only accurate within a very tiny range. Like 14.5 to 14.9 AFR or something like that. Not a big enough range to be of any use unless your tune is really close already. Plus you can't use them to tune for WOT because you should command around 12.95 AFR for naturally aspirated and even less if boosted. No way the OEM o2 sensors are gonna be accurate that far out.

Tuner
    car appears to be in open loop the whole time but your tune says otherwise. Given a quick look, I'm not seeing anything that would keep your car in open loop tune wise. It's possible that you have some bunk front o2 sensors. Get under the car and make sure the wires for the front 02 sensors arent laying anywhere on the exhaust. make sure the wires arent melted or anything. whats the mods on the engine? Headers? Cam? cylinder heads Ect Ect... What injectors do you have in the car? they appear to be 42lb injectors but im checking. what size is your cam? get that wideband hooked up or recalibrated and go out and get some logs.
    Got GEN II-IV LSx or GEN V LTx parts to sell? Post em completely free on LSx LTx buy/sell/trade Facebook group. Invite your friends.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/169854669867850/

DO YOU OWN A FORD, DODGE OR GM ALLOYTECH VEHICLE AND GET A MESSAGE SAYING "VALIDATE CHECKSUM FAILED. YOU WILL BE UNABLE TO SAVE OR FLASH THIS FILE." IF SO FOLLOW THE LINK BELOW.

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...lash-this-file

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by fullthrottle View Post
    car appears to be in open loop the whole time but your tune says otherwise. Given a quick look, I'm not seeing anything that would keep your car in open loop tune wise. It's possible that you have some bunk front o2 sensors. Get under the car and make sure the wires for the front 02 sensors arent laying anywhere on the exhaust. make sure the wires arent melted or anything. whats the mods on the engine? Headers? Cam? cylinder heads Ect Ect... What injectors do you have in the car? they appear to be 42lb injectors but im checking. what size is your cam? get that wideband hooked up or recalibrated and go out and get some logs.
    The 3rd post has my modifications. I am still having trouble figuring out how to wire up my wideband to log with HP tuners.

I just wired up dual LC-1 widebands into my 02 transam. Here is the thread I posted and I got almost everything I needed to know from it.

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...dual+widebands

Also, there are alot of threads that extensively cover the process of bringing the WB signal into HPT. I find ls1 tech has alot of answers to tuning questions as well. "The Tuning School" Gives you a free how-to right here.

http://www.thetuningschool.com/support/free-downloads/

Joker that tune is setup to run OL idle only, when your ready we can dial the rest in.
    Run the other tune, its the same but with CL idle, this way the fuel trims will show how far off you are.
    Last edited by Ben Charles; 01-06-2013 at 12:41 PM.

14 Gen 5 Viper