Thread: Holden Commodore SD/Mafless tune file please

Tuner in Training

Holden Commodore SD/Mafless tune file please

Hi there, does any one have a SD/Mafless tune to suit a 2004 Holden VY Commodore SS LS1 V8 Auto, car is completely standard

I just want it to see what changes I need to make in my tune, which will be done on the dyno

Quote Originally Posted by ptharris View Post
    Hi there, does any one have a SD/Mafless tune to suit a 2004 Holden VY Commodore SS LS1 V8 Auto, car is completely standard

I just want it to see what changes I need to make in my tune, which will be done on the dyno
    Hi,

You could download or be given hundreds of tunes from wherever, but the point is all cars are different, that is the benefit of customised calibration. If you have a load bearing dyno, which it sounds like you do, just go ahead and optimise AFRs and ignition timing for all driving conditions. Some of this is better done under real world conditions ie on the street in my experience.

If you're after some more specific advice as to how to make these changes, go ahead and start reading for literally hundreds if not thousands of hours and hundreds if not thousands of hours practicing what affects what assuming you have a basic comprehension of how EFI works and the internal combustion engine otherwise start there first.

Probably not the answer you were after, but it is the best way to learn this software. The help file is also very useful for teaching the software and the stickies/forums are full of useful info too. The only warning I would give out is that don't blindly believe everything you read here no matter how confident it is portrayed, there is as much misinformation as information available.

Other than that, depending on where you are, I have in the past helped people on many occasions gratis tune their own car or use the software.

Good luck