Thread: vibrating and popping under mid load

vibrating and popping under mid load

I have attached tune, scan, and config. This tune is a work in progress by a guy, me, that still has ALOT to learn. So don't be surprised that it looks like crap. Engine does great under wide open throttle as you can see from the scan. But when I put a mid range load on it, it freaks out! It stutters and I can hear some popping from the tail pipes. The engine vibrates and the MAF reading goes all saw tooth. There is no KR activity. I had to change the power enrichment rate from 1.0 to 1.25 because the engine would choke out under large throttle transients. Changing PE rate fixed that problem but now I have this other problem. This tune is mostly stock except some Idle stuff that I have been working on. The VE table is not stock and I have the MAF curve dialed in with my widebands. I have also changed the applicable injector tables to the ls3/ls7 OEM injector specs. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Some info about my set up.

I have a 7.0L 11:1 build in an 02 Trans am. Fast 92mm throttle body, ls3 heads, ls3 injectors, LSr cam #54-471-11, and SLP long tube headers.

If you need more info let me know.
    Just finished ASME, Now working on BSME

Your commanding about a point too lean, but your MAF is rich from what I can tell. What is your WB showing?

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

When I run in open loop, disabling the VE, my wideband says the MAF is spot on. Unless I didn't correctly derive my transfer function for the WB when I brought it into HPT. I also have not even begun to tune for WOT so I am still seeking lambda = 1.0

I am also have another issue... I seem to be able to tune the MAF table just fine but when I try to tune the VE, by setting TPS and MAF deltas = 0, and running in open loop via scanner controls, my config says I need to be richer at and around idle cells, so I dial it in and run it, and it says I need more fuel again. It just want's more and more. There must be something wrong with my config or I am not properly enabling SD mode. The fact that my config works for tuning the MAF curve leads me to believe I have no exhaust or vacuum leaks. But I am still having trouble trusting my VE data

well you hit PE in the scan above

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

The car didn't hit PE till after it had its little issue

Anyone else?