Thread: Is this possible?

Tuner in Training

Is this possible?

I was wonder if its possible to but a manual transmission or even a th400 or 350 behind a new gen four engine. I know about the crank spacer and the flex plate would have to be drilled. But what wuld you I have to change in the programing?
    Thanks in advance,
    Holden

Of course you can, the TCM is seperate and would not be needed. Think of it like a manual gen 4 car.

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Tuner in Training
    Dont beat me up to bad Im a little new to tunning, Gen 4 for sure. What about the vss? I have heard horror stories about people doing this and the engine never running right. Because the ecm wants to know the speeds of the input and the output shafts, I've been told? I can see where you can just get rid of the tcm, and wire the DLC right from the computer, but what if the donor truck had a 6l80? Can you just cut out the transmission wiring and turn all the codes off? Im confused but I really want to learn, please help.
    Thanks again,
    Holden

You can enter in the tune what type of transmission is fitted, (manual/auto)... You can then if using a th350/400 or glide use a wheel speed sensor to wire into the ECM for a speed signal. Set the tune to manual transmission. The manual transmission setups still input the speed signal to the ECM.
    Last edited by LSxpwrdZ; 01-03-2013 at 01:54 AM.
    James Short - [email protected]
    Located in Central Kentucky
    ShorTuning
    2020 Camaro 2SS | BTR 230 | GPI CNC Heads | MSD Intake | Rotofab | 2" LT's | Flex Fuel | 638rwhp / 540rwtq
    2002 Camaro | LSX 427 | CID LS7's | Twin GT5088's | Haltech Nexus R5 | RPM TH400

Tuner in Training
    Sounds simple enough, could i take the singnal from the output shaft of the transmission and the set the tire size and gear ratio in the ecm? Is there a certain signal that the computer is looking for?
    Thanks again for your help,
    Holden