Thread: What is the best way to find a local tuner?

Potential Tuner

What is the best way to find a local tuner?

I'm in PA and I'm having a difficult time tracking down a tuner locally. Is there a map or tuner locator somewhere that I could reference?

I'm looking to tune my 2009 HHR SS back to stock so it can pass Pennsylvania emissions testing. If anyone has a reliable tuner please PM me with their contact info.

Tuner in Training
    You just need to find someone with HPTuners period, and just nab one of the stock files from the repository. Tuning back to stock is nothing like making a custom tune by any means. Even tuned you should still pass the emissions testing depending on what is done to your tune. I pass without a hitch here in VA, and I am tuned.

Get a code scanner and see if anything is pending or if any of the tests are not complete.

If all is well and your state does a visual and OBDII test, you're all set. If they sniff it, maybe not.
    '12 Camaro T3 2SS/RS LS3 M6, SLP TVS 2300, Flex Fuel

Potential Tuner
    Is it possible to save the current tune before setting things back to stock? Once I pass emissions, I plan on going back to the current setup.

Right now my car is saying it's in a "not ready" status for emissions checks. Normally somebody would just another 50 miles or so and it would reset, but my previous tuner set it like that permanently because I was cat-less.

I reinstalled my stock pipe and now I just to set the whatever is keeping my car from being ready to test, back to stock.

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    when you change tunes just read entire and save as. then install the emissions tune and pass it. find the fun tune and reflash it in and done
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

It'll take quite a while for the evap code to go complete as I recall. Keep the tank between 3/4 & 1/4 full so the evap test will run.
    '12 Camaro T3 2SS/RS LS3 M6, SLP TVS 2300, Flex Fuel