Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Injector Scaling Procedure

Tuner in Training
    I know, and my eyes hurt from reading this stuff

Scaling that I have done is usually to defeat a hard limit in an ecu. It is a simple matter of making the ecu think it is flowing less units (grams/sec, lbs/hr or whatever limit) than it really is by making the injectors smaller than they really are and then adjusting all the tables that have to do with fueling (or potentially load) to this new level.

So if you had 80 lb/hr injectors you might enter them in at 40 instead and then adjust other parameters accordingly. So if you had a reading of 50 g/s in the maf table you would adjust that to 25 as an example.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Trevtec View Post
    So this guy makes a Dvd for 250 and now people cant talk about anything in it making this forum nearly useless?

^^^^A FUCKING MEN........

FUNNY, how I have searched and researched for weeks and NO one can give a straight SHIT of ""this is how you do it"" info.......always someone saying, "get the dvd" "watch the dvd" "I learned from the dvd"....well, MOFO, share the damn info. fu&k it's not like we spent $500plus for the hardware for nothing, and not a damn piece of crap to guild us.

Im going to buy this damn dvd, seems like the only f-n-way to even get hp tuners to work right without asking someone, In the damn dvd, it better tell me EXACTLY how to do what I need to do and not just some bs like, "if you do this you get this bs" Better be like, LOOK DUMMY, if you have 80lbs injectors put EXACTLY this number in this spot and this number in that spot..........PLEASE if the dvd does not tell me what I just wrote, can SOMEONE at least tell me "NOOOO IT DOES NOT, OR YES IT DOES.....period.

if you look my post up, I even posted "willing to pay someone to set my injectors up" that's how fed up I am with this crap....should have went aem ems, AT least there forums tell you EXACTLY how to do what you want and not give you some bs to buy something else to do what you need. JUST MY OPTION.....NOT TRYING TO AFFEND ANYONE....IM JUST EXPRESSING MYSELF. GOOD DAY.

I am probably going to get ban for the above post lmao.
    Last edited by 00camaross; 09-30-2013 at 09:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 00camaross View Post
    FUNNY, how I have searched and researched for weeks and NO one can give a straight SHIT of ""this is how you do it"" info.......always someone saying, "get the dvd" "watch the dvd" "I learned from the dvd"....well, MOFO, share the damn info. fu&k it's not like we spent $500plus for the hardware for nothing, and not a damn piece of crap to guild us.

Im going to buy this damn dvd, seems like the only f-n-way to even get hp tuners to work right without asking someone, In the damn dvd, it better tell me ...
    Well, being as I'm the one who made the DVD, perhaps I can help readjust your expectations for the tuning process and life either a DIY tuner or a professional calibrator.

1) I don't sell or develop aftermarket tuning software. Either HPT or brand X,Y, or Z. I am an OEM calibration engineer with an engineering background, experience as a shop owner and a professional technical trainer. I don't make a dime when someone buys a tuning package. Likewise, these companies hold no stake in my company either. We simply share customers and provide complimentary offerings.

2) Just because one bought somebody's tool, doesn't mean it's immediately easy to use. I bring training to people at reasonable prices, all of which is based on actual science and works great if implemented properly.

3) Don't expect any of my training to spoon-feed you 100% of the way on every possible combination of injector, car, engine, ECU, scaling factor, etc. There are just too many possibilities to cover in a 2hr DVD and if I covered them all, people would still find something to complain about: probably how there was so much "useless" info on there that didn't pertain to their exact combo. If you want to be a successful calibrator (instead of just a "tooner"), learning how to think on your own to complete the task after someone has shown you the fundamental principles that cover a subject is a mandatory skill. It's not for everyone. The scaling demo in SME-DVD-2 uses a supercharged LS7 and a set SD60's, but I prove that it works by showing split screens of the before/after to point out the similarities and key differences.

4) The subject of scaling has indeed been discussed on this board previously. That means there's already at least one FREE resource (from me, of all people) to help you here. If you search thoroughly enough, you will find a thread where RWTD and myself detailed almost everything one would need to do in order to perform scaling properly and without compromise. Be forewarned, you CAN NOT cut corners on the process, skip tables, and expect normal behavior from the car.

I wish you all the best with you future projects.

Quote Originally Posted by 00camaross View Post
    ^^^^A FUCKING MEN........

Im going to buy this damn dvd, seems like the only f-n-way to even get hp tuners to work right without asking someone, In the damn dvd, it better tell me EXACTLY how to do what I need to do and not just some bs like, "if you do this you get this bs" Better be like, LOOK DUMMY, if you have 80lbs injectors put EXACTLY this number in this spot and this number in that spot..........PLEASE if the dvd does not tell me what I just wrote, can SOMEONE at least tell me "NOOOO IT DOES NOT, OR YES IT DOES.....period.

if you look my post up, I even posted "willing to pay someone to set my injectors up" that's how fed up I am with this crap....should have went aem ems, AT least there forums tell you EXACTLY how to do what you want and not give you some bs to buy something else to do what you need. JUST MY OPTION.....NOT TRYING TO AFFEND ANYONE....IM JUST EXPRESSING MYSELF. GOOD DAY.

I am probably going to get ban for the above post lmao.
    Sounds like you probably shouldn't be tuning. People spend years learning what to do. Expecting a walk through that makes you a professional in an hour is ridiculous.

HPT provides the means to edit parameters. It is not their responsibility to teach people what data to enter for a given scenario. You wouldn't go buy a set of tools and expect the manufacturer to tell you step by step how to build a house.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by DSteck View Post
    Sounds like you probably shouldn't be tuning. People spend years learning what to do. Expecting a walk through that makes you a professional in an hour is ridiculous.

HPT provides the means to edit parameters. It is not their responsibility to teach people what data to enter for a given scenario. You wouldn't go buy a set of tools and expect the manufacturer to tell you step by step how to build a house.
    I didnt say make me a professional tuner in a hr. I said all i needed was the injectors set up. was that just a little too much to ask for?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by eficalibrator View Post
    Well, being as I'm the one who made the DVD, perhaps I can help readjust your expectations for the tuning process and life either a DIY tuner or a professional calibrator.

1) I don't sell or develop aftermarket tuning software. Either HPT or brand X,Y, or Z. I am an OEM calibration engineer with an engineering background, experience as a shop owner and a professional technical trainer. I don't make a dime when someone buys a tuning package. Likewise, these companies hold no stake in my company either. We simply share customers and provide complimentary offerings.

2) Just because one bought somebody's tool, doesn't mean it's immediately easy to use. I bring training to people at reasonable prices, all of which is based on actual science and works great if implemented properly.

3) Don't expect any of my training to spoon-feed you 100% of the way on every possible combination of injector, car, engine, ECU, scaling factor, etc. There are just too many possibilities to cover in a 2hr DVD and if I covered them all, people would still find something to complain about: probably how there was so much "useless" info on there that didn't pertain to their exact combo. If you want to be a successful calibrator (instead of just a "tooner"), learning how to think on your own to complete the task after someone has shown you the fundamental principles that cover a subject is a mandatory skill. It's not for everyone. The scaling demo in SME-DVD-2 uses a supercharged LS7 and a set SD60's, but I prove that it works by showing split screens of the before/after to point out the similarities and key differences.

4) The subject of scaling has indeed been discussed on this board previously. That means there's already at least one FREE resource (from me, of all people) to help you here. If you search thoroughly enough, you will find a thread where RWTD and myself detailed almost everything one would need to do in order to perform scaling properly and without compromise. Be forewarned, you CAN NOT cut corners on the process, skip tables, and expect normal behavior from the car.

I wish you all the best with you future projects.
    How about i just pay you to set the damn injectors up, I'll do the rest. JUST THE INJECTORS. that way, you CAN make the full profit huh? if you say you don't make anything on those sales. I am willing to PAY you directly to just put the damn data in for the injector change...end my nightmare PLEASE.

they have limited, or less, of an ability or responsibility for telling us about each individual setting. Its more like they are providing us a stand-alone with a very limited, basic instruction manual with some of it in other languages (I have dealt with situations like this, i.e. Apexi Power FC + datalogit)

So you have to take into account: They didn't make the computer, they are only providing us specific access to it. And, some of it just plain ass confusing, even to experts, sometimes because of "labeling" and sometimes because of "language barrier" which happens to me often due to terminology throughput (some of the wording in the software is suspiciously curious), which combined with the lack of real time tuning (for me on my 411, 2-bar flex-OS) can make it very difficult to see if what questionable setting you are changing is actually having any effect...

Now, that said, I've had very little trouble getting accustomed to the idiosyncrasies and so far been able to make it drive/shift the way I want and so have 99999 other people. There are still a hundred things that I am not sure what they do yet but overall it gets the job done pretty good considering it turns any random OEM ecu into a stand-alone for like $100. You don't necessarily need to understand everything in order to use the software- however, you DO and SHOULD understand everything about engines and tuning before trying it on an engine you care about.

In other words, tuning isn't laptops and injectors and software. Tuning is inside the engine and outside the engine, everything around it that can hear, see, or feel it. You should know what the engine wants- be able to point at anyplace on a reasonable graph of pressure, torque, engine speed, rate of change, temperatures, etc.. and say exactly what air fuel ratio and timing should be at that point, regardless of what computer is running it, and how safe it is there (what is your safety factor?) Without that, I recommend going to carb, and learning from that point.

Brought the post back because it has some very good injector setting info, thats still available for download ( I just clicked it today )
    Last edited by kingtal0n; 09-03-2017 at 11:26 AM.

Advanced Tuner

Here comes the spoon :P

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan89 View Post
    I have a '00 SS that I converter over to E85. So far, I just changed the stoich and nothing else. The car runs pretty good and everything, but since E85 requires ~30% more fuel I purchased some 42lb. Green top injectors. My question/s are:
    What information is needed to scale these injectors properly?
    What are the formulas that must be used to figure these things out?
    Any tips?

I'm new to HP tuners, and have been reading through so many threads about this topic, but am still kind of in the blank. I know about the Greg Banish DVD, but I'm not paying $250 for one video.
    Not a professional tuner i would be just closer to a tooner but this worked for me.

for the 42lb/hr injectors you do not need to scale, just input the correct injector data.

i used this excel table to adjust the flow rate vs kpa table EC_TUNE%27S_injectorscalels3.xls

then tuned VE and MAF like you normally would, it is not the ideal way but it seems injector behavior is close enough to work ok with just that and that will get you up and running.

This forum IS really useful, Most problems a beginner would find are pretty common and have been discussed/solved before more than once, you just need to search then go test on your car. It takes a lot of reading and trying time, but you gotta pay to play, be it on actual money (and learn the faster way) or by using your time (by learning on your own and making mistakes)

Check out this beginners guide to engine calibration Tuning 101: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1wzEVwAfJQ

I had very limited experience calibrating / tuning and I also noted access to simple elementary tuning questions were not easy to find (but out there, hidden gems). I spent countless hours reading forums and flashing my cars a few hundred times before I became confident enough to put out the Tuning 101 series and dump all the critical knowledge I had to learn/confirm to ensure tuning engines successfully.

The advantage of this Tuning 101 series is that I am providing a better perspective for novice tuners and I tried to make very clear the elementary concepts to formulate the most solid foundation of understanding, understanding what is being manipulated in the tune. I am that type of person, I try to understand the magic box. If I can't understand the magic box, I am okay with a magic box that consistently responds to my inputs in the way I expect it. I've approached Greg to do a collaboration, but I don't blame him for possibly cringing when he watched parts this series (I assume), so I don't think he wants to associate with my work, which is 1000% cool since he knows so much more than me and I don't blame actual calibrators for cringing at my work. I was also asking for a free DVD to review =)
    E67 - 2006 LE5 2.4 Turbo, 444 whp
    E78 - 2013 LUV 1.4T

Sorry to revive this lame thread to begin with but you sir are a bit abrasive. It sounds like a little brown nosing. The man just wanted some injector data and help. The way I see it if your going to be pushing someone's product on here and not really helping you should leave please. If the man owns all the rights to all injector calculations and formulas please excuse me... if not then you should be more helpful or not answer at all. Its a waste of bandwidth.... god bless