Thread: Cant get my LTFT down a all!!!

Tuner in Training

Cant get my LTFT down a all!!!

i just got my car back on the road after i lost #7 on my last engine. im not a tuner but i bought the softare to try to keep up with the car. LTFT are +25 about 99% percent of the time.i uplugged the MAF and got the same thing with high fuel trims.i even disabled ltft at one point then my stft went high not even fluctuating.ive fixed all known vacuum leaks and no exhaust leaks.did the carb spray trick and didnt find any vac leaks.i even monitored the fuel trims in the scanner with the car spray and had no change.installed smack brand new o2's,no change.can someone point me in the right direction.thanks

What are the mods??

I do email tunes for board members all the time, let me know if your interested.

To fix the Fuel trim problem you just need to dial in the MAF, with those crazy high LTFT's Id hate to see how rich you are at WOT
    Last edited by Ben Charles; 12-22-2012 at 11:28 PM.

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Tuner in Training
    i also have a log with the maf unplugged if it matters to anyone

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Charles View Post
    What are the mods??

I do email tunes for board members all the time, let me know if your interested.

To fix the Fuel trim problem you just need to dial in the MAF, with those crazy high LTFT's Id hate to see how rich you are at WOT
    pm'd you the mods

This log/tune with MAf disconnected s/b running in VE with a MAF fail. Make sure this has occurred. Based on that you are adding fueling to the VE primary and secondary (make sure you copy over the primary rows to the secondary) and the trims aren't coming down?

The tune is setup for combo MAF/VE up to 4000 RPM, then MAF only in Closed Loop mode.

With the MAF connected and in Closed Loop, set the High RPM Disable to 400 rpm and tune the MAF only. Then fail the MAF, set the High RPM Disable to like 8000 and tune the VE primary/secondary. Their are some great tutorials on this forum to read to learn this.

Ed M
    Last edited by mowton; 12-23-2012 at 08:29 AM.
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]