Thread: 98 to 0411 pcm swap question

Advanced Tuner

98 to 0411 pcm swap question

I have my 98 camaro tune that I swapped a 2002 gmc sierra computer into it. I have my tune on the 98 computer very close, but wanted to be able to have more boost. So I repinned the harness to match the 02. Is my only option to license the new vcm and get the custom 3 bar os? So to spend 200 more dollars on the license for the same vehicle?
    98 - z/28 Twin TC76's l forged 347 l boost cam l moser 9" l th400
    07.5 - GMC Sierra 2500HD D-Max daily
    09 - G8 GT wifes daily

Senior Tuner
    Yep. Because the license uses the PCM serial number, not the VIN.
    Jaime

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ElecTech View Post
    Yep. Because the license uses the PCM serial number, not the VIN.
    I bought this pcm from Lorenz. He wasn't sure if it would have the same tables as the fbody pcm. Do you happen to know Jamie? I just want to make sure before I get the vcm licenses.
    09 - G8 GT wifes daily

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 98Camarod View Post
    I bought this pcm from Lorenz. He wasn't sure if it would have the same tables as the fbody pcm. Do you happen to know Jamie? I just want to make sure before I get the vcm licenses.
    Yes, they should be very similar. It would have been nicer of him to flash it with an 02 F-body file befor he sent it to you, but the tables and the Custom OS will be nearly identical. You'll have a little more work "converting " a lot of the truck calibrations into car friendly settings, like trans shift schedules etc.
    Jaime

Senior Tuner
    Are you back in Charleston? If so I would reflash an F-body file in there no charge for you.
    Jaime

Advanced Tuner
    Are you back in Charleston? If so I would reflash an F-body file in there no charge for you.
    Unfortunately I'm not. I'm in Chesapeake, VA for a couple of years. Thanks for the offer though.
    09 - G8 GT wifes daily

Advanced Tuner
    Yes, they should be very similar. It would have been nicer of him to flash it with an 02 F-body file befor he sent it to you, but the tables and the Custom OS will be nearly identical. You'll have a little more work "converting " a lot of the truck calibrations into car friendly settings, like trans shift schedules etc.
    He thought that he did. Something must have happened. As far as the trans, that's no worries. I have a th400.
    09 - G8 GT wifes daily

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 98Camarod View Post
    He thought that he did. Something must have happened. As far as the trans, that's no worries. I have a th400.
    Well, it most likely has the "2156" OS in it anyway which is the same as the 2002 F-Body and many others in that year so all of the tables mapped should be the same. Just the values and maybe some segments will be different, but it should run just fine and the custom OS will be the same as well.
    Jaime

Advanced Tuner
    The trucks use a different A/C and cooling fan control. You also need a segment swap to get your fuel gauge to work right.
    1997 Trans Am WS6 - LS1 swap - TR224 - Pacesetter Longtubes - Yank SS3600
    - 3.42 Moser 12 bolt - Wilwood Brakes - HP Tuners tuned - P1SC-1 Procharger