Thread: Little confused about upgrading to Pro.

Tuner in Training

Question Little confused about upgrading to Pro.

I have the standard version and was wondering if I purchase a wide band setup if that's all I need or if I need to purchase something additional from HPTuners?

Potential Tuner
    If you want to log a wideband through HPTuner hardware then you have to upgrade to the pro. With the standard you have to log via other methods such as EGR or something since the input terminal on the side of the unit is disabled in the standard version.

Tuner in Training
    So how much more money will I be looking at to get everything I need?

Tuner
    it's pointless to buy the pro version for standalone wideband logging when hp tuners disabled the analog input/outputs in all the beta updates for the last couple years. kinda ridiculous honestly they are still charging people for that
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am - 1000+ rwhp street car

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver2002ta View Post
    it's pointless to buy the pro version for standalone wideband logging when hp tuners disabled the analog input/outputs in all the beta updates for the last couple years. kinda ridiculous honestly they are still charging people for that
    This statement is untrue. The Analog inputs have been active for years in the Betas. The BBL of analog inputs is disabled, but pass-thru logging is active.
    Jaime

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ElecTech View Post
    This statement is untrue. The Analog inputs have been active for years in the Betas. The BBL of analog inputs is disabled, but pass-thru logging is active.
    okay but if the analog inputs do not function doesn't that defeat the purpose of having it to log a wideband, fuel pressure, ect without a laptop? that's the main reason I bought pro like everyone else now we can't use it

Senior Tuner
    the inputs work fine. was using them on the latest beta i have on a truck last month or so ago.
    The most hated, make the most power.
    93 Ranger. 5.3 D1X. 1069hp.

okay but if the analog inputs do not function doesn't that defeat the purpose of having it to log a wideband, fuel pressure, ect without a laptop? that's the main reason I bought pro like everyone else now we can't use it
    You can do it with the 2.22 version. It's only with beta version that the standalone analog inputs are disabled.

MPVI Pro is fully functional
    9 sec Montecarlo SS

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Montecarlodrag View Post
    You can do it with the 2.22 version. It's only with beta version that the standalone analog inputs are disabled.

MPVI Pro is fully functional
    how do you run just the 2.22 scanner alone? I tried downloading and installing 2.22 months ago but it won't do anything with any of the files I have. I had to upgrade to the beta version that has them disabled

Senior Tuner
    RTT is disabled i believe, but the inputs still work to log afr/egt/butt hole pucker meter
    The most hated, make the most power.
    93 Ranger. 5.3 D1X. 1069hp.

how do you run just the 2.22 scanner alone? I tried downloading and installing 2.22 months ago but it won't do anything with any of the files I have. I had to upgrade to the beta version that has them disabled
    You can use 2.22 and beta together without interference. I have it that way
    The only problem is you need to be careful with your configs because any config made with beta can't be used with 2.22
    Not a big issue, you can make a new config in 5 min
    9 sec Montecarlo SS