Thread: Ls3 based 441 timing map opinions

Potential Tuner

Ls3 based 441 timing map opinions

441ls3timingmap.PNG

This is a dart blocked 441 with 12:1 compression and large duration cam in a 4000 lb car. Most Ls3 motors I have tuned dont like more than 25 degrees of timing and this one is at 29-31. I feel its too high but am being told different

Are you using a dyno to see when power drops off or are just adding timing without seeing knock?
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Are you using a dyno to see when power drops off or are just adding timing without seeing knock?
    Not my tune, I used dyno on mine that peak at 25 degrees, more than I didn't see any gains. This is another persons tune that wanted my input and I have others saying I'm wrong.

There are just so many variables here, so it's hard to say what will and won't work for everything engine combo.

A pretty stout build such as that dart 441 may just love it there around 29-30 but a regular LS3 may stop making torque at 25-26.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Looks like that timing map was done by a professional on a Dyno!

The easiest thing to do is lower the timing on someone elses tune and claim you know what your doing without a Dyno or much experience....