Thread: Help after installing exhaust

Tuner in Training

Exclamation Help after installing exhaust

Hello

I have a problem (((( Check Engine ))) after installing Exaust

After checked using VCM Scanner

Gave me oxygen sensors Bank 1.2

I want a way tuning oxygen sensors ?

Best I closed sensors or tuning sensors ?

Note of the type of car g8 6.0

Please reply and advise me

Thanks

Senior Tuner
    what was exact DTC code number?
    P0???

rear 02's need to be turned off

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by planethax View Post
    what was exact DTC code number?
    P0???

This Code appeared to me

[ECM] P0036 - HO2S Heater Control Circuit Bank 1 Sensor 2 (SES) (Pending) (Old) (History) (Current) (Immature)
    [ECM] P0054 - HO2S Heater Resistance Bank 1 Sensor 2 (Old) (Current) (Immature)
    [ECM] P0056 - HO2S Heater Circuit Bank 2 Sensor 2 (SES) (Pending) (Old) (History) (Current) (Immature)
    [ECM] P0060 - HO2S Heater Resistance Bank 2 Sensor 2 (Old) (Current) (Immature)
    [ECM] P0140 - HO2S Circuit Insufficient Activity Bank 1 Sensor 2 (SES) (Old) (History) (Current) (Immature)
    [ECM] P0141 - HO2S Heater Performance Bank 1 Sensor 2 (SES) (Old) (History) (Current) (Immature)
    [ECM] P0160 - HO2S Circuit Insufficient Activity Bank 2 Sensor 2 (SES) (Old) (History) (Current) (Immature)
    [ECM] P0161 - HO2S Heater Performance Bank 2 Sensor 2 (SES) (Old) (History) (Current) (Immature)
    [ECM] P0140 - HO2S Circuit Insufficient Activity Bank 1 Sensor 2
    [ECM] P0141 - HO2S Heater Performance Bank 1 Sensor 2
    [ECM] P0160 - HO2S Circuit Insufficient Activity Bank 2 Sensor 2
    [ECM] P0161 - HO2S Heater Performance Bank 2 Sensor 2
    [ECM] P0036 - HO2S Heater Control Circuit Bank 1 Sensor 2
    [ECM] P0056 - HO2S Heater Circuit Bank 2 Sensor 2

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Charles View Post
    rear 02's need to be turned off
    What is the proper way to lock sensors

Tuner
    Engine Diag>DTC's> untick for each code and set to 3.

For the guys doing the facepalm shit well done way to help people...

Keep this post for HELPING people.

HPT is sold internationally. How many people posted here can speak two languages well? This is a forum for enthusiasts to help each other, not immature individuals to mock others.

Now to the original post, as others have commented DTCs need to be properly set for ("off road use") the new exhaust. Open the DTC section in the scanner and disable those codes and tests. This is very common after doing exhaust.
    Sulski Performance Tuning
    2000 WS6 M6 - LS6 (long block, refreshed top end), 10.8:1 CR, 90 mm ported FAST, Exo-Skel, 227/232 cam, QTP HVMC, EWP, GMMG, 9" w/4.11s
    2018 Sierra SLT 5.3L A8 - Airaid intake tube, GM Borla catback, L86 Intake/Ported TB

Tuner
    With all those codes it looks as if the rear O2's are unplugged. He never said what exhaust mods. Headers or just cat-back. But it looks like the rear O2's are gone.
    Bryan

Tuner in Training
    Thank everyone on the entangling

So far Mavi one give me a clear answer

Sensors turn off or tuning

And if you need adjust how the way

Tuner in Training
    I'm sorry

I want a proper way to cancel Sensors

Tuner in Training
    Hi mate,

First up, it would help if you put in your signiture in your forum profile where you are located so people know where you are from.

To delete the rear o2 sensors in your tune -

1. Open the tune in the editor and click the engine diag tab. you will see under the general tab the catalyst test and post o2 test boxes, set both to disable.

2. In the engine diag tab click on the sub tab DTC's, using the list you posted earler go through one by one and set each code to you are seeing to "3 - No error reported" on the right hand side, also untick the "ses enable" box for each code if it is ticked.

3. Refash the modifyed tune, drive and comfirm that the scanner is not reporting any more codes.

It certianly seems from the codes that the rear o2 sensors are not even connected, if your new exhaust has no cats or bungs after the cats for the rear o2's then so be it, however if you can have them connected than i would hook then back up, it will minimise the amount of codes you have to turn off.

Please also note that what i have described here is for "off road use only", ie, you will likley fail an emmisions test by doing what i have described here

If you have any dramas then post your tune so we can see it.

Merry Christmas
    Steve
    Last edited by Steve Cooper; 12-24-2012 at 06:12 AM.
    02 BA XR6T, Crow Race Valve springs, centre muffler removed, 60lb siemens and stage 2 PW cooler+UB intake, 307RWKW at 12psi. SOLD

99 Nissan Patrol, l77 ls2 + 6L80 swap SOLD

2013 Gen-F HSV Clubsport R8 - Work in progress

Tuner in Training

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Cooper View Post
    Hi mate,

First up, it would help if you put in your signiture in your forum profile where you are located so people know where you are from.

To delete the rear o2 sensors in your tune -

1. Open the tune in the editor and click the engine diag tab. you will see under the general tab the catalyst test and post o2 test boxes, set both to disable.

2. In the engine diag tab click on the sub tab DTC's, using the list you posted earler go through one by one and set each code to you are seeing to "3 - No error reported" on the right hand side, also untick the "ses enable" box for each code if it is ticked.

3. Refash the modifyed tune, drive and comfirm that the scanner is not reporting any more codes.

It certianly seems from the codes that the rear o2 sensors are not even connected, if your new exhaust has no cats or bungs after the cats for the rear o2's then so be it, however if you can have them connected than i would hook then back up, it will minimise the amount of codes you have to turn off.

Please also note that what i have described here is for "off road use only", ie, you will likley fail an emmisions test by doing what i have described here

If you have any dramas then post your tune so we can see it.

Merry Christmas
    Steve

Thank you very much

Good post Steve! Thanks!

Tuner in Training
    I am getting the same error codes. But, I have SES disabled and all set to "no error reported". They keep coming back..........