Thread: supercharged lt1 with LS 1 computer

supercharged lt1 with LS 1 computer

I have a 383 lt1 9.2 compression d1sc 15 pounds of boost 218/228
    @50 cam the intercooler seems to be keeping the intake temperatures at about 110 degree I was just wondering if there is anyone out there with close to this package what kind of ignition timing you're running under full throttle thank you for the help

I guess I'll jump on this one, I would start out running about 26 degrees timing at WOT. The LS1 boys usually don't get away with this type of timing on boost setups, but the LT1 is much like a SBC in almost everyway. Ive seen stock bottom end LT1's with mild boost do 26 no problem, you will probably stop around 30, just keep an eye on those IAT's.

I had a similiar setup if you have any questions, shoot.

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Charles View Post
    I guess I'll jump on this one, I would start out running about 26 degrees timing at WOT. The LS1 boys usually don't get away with this type of timing on boost setups, but the LT1 is much like a SBC in almost everyway. Ive seen stock bottom end LT1's with mild boost do 26 no problem, you will probably stop around 30, just keep an eye on those IAT's.

I had a similiar setup if you have any questions, shoot.
    thanks for the input I'm 1 of those ls1 boys so I'm trying to remember what the old small blocks like I thought that was about right but we had 15 degrees in it and had all kinds of spark knock issues we checked the plugs and added a few degrees and it seems to like it we turned the knock sensors off because we truly believe it is false knock it made good torque about 620 at 4000 but the horsepower fell off from there up it only made about 420 I think it's just lack of timing and we had a intake temperature sensor that kept acting up it would just go from 110 or so down the like 20 degrees intermittently so we stop the pool until probably Friday morning again will hit

You getting belt slip? I had AFR heads on my my D1sc setup and I ran around a .28 gap and a 3923 spark plug (I beleive thats the same as a Tr7?)

14 Gen 5 Viper

You getting belt slip? I had AFR heads on my my D1sc setup and I ran around a .28 gap and a 3923 spark plug (I beleive thats the same as a Tr7?)
    no belt slip boost stays steady at 15 pounds never falls off im running
    TR6 plugs at .035 gap plugs show no sings of detenation I think the problem is strictly only running 15 degrees of timing is nowhere near enough air fuel ratio is staying pretty steady at 11 5 to 11 8

You running a scaled MAF tune or 2bar?

I know you mentioned meth in another thread, have you started spraying yet?

Yep try some timing and it should come alive

14 Gen 5 Viper

You running a scaled MAF tune or 2bar?

I know you mentioned meth in another thread, have you started spraying yet?

Yep try some timing and it should come alive
    I am running a 2 bar os but I am still using the maf also I have scaled all the tables down 25 percent I have not started spring the meth yet I want to get the whole thing tuned perfect first with out the meth