Thread: 2005 GTO SD Tune, Hesitation on tip in

Tuner in Training

2005 GTO SD Tune, Hesitation on tip in

I have a GTO that Im running a SD tune. I have a hesitation right off idle on throttle tip in. What do i need to adjust to cure this?

Ray

MOAR FUEL!!!

Is it when you hammer the throttle or as you ease into it?
    Gray Ghost- The abomination. 2007 Chevrolet Silverado CCSB. 98mm turbo, nitrous, 428LSX, Rossler 80E with a brake. Finally finished. 23 psi, no numbers, Slow as hell.

PBM G8- Aluminum 364, twin Precision 67/66 turbos, 6L90 trans swap, CTS-V/Vaporworx fuel system, slowly making progress.

Dads 2011 CTS-V- Stock bottom end, stock heads, LS9 cam, pullies, ported blower, ported TB, D3 goodies, and lots of nitrous.
    618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

Caterpillar 50 Forklift- Duramax swap

Quote Originally Posted by rtkjadams View Post
    I have a GTO that Im running a SD tune. I have a hesitation right off idle on throttle tip in. What do i need to adjust to cure this?

Ray
    Post scan and tune please.
    2014 Corvette, Z51, 3LT, 7-Speed, NPP, 2 tops, Exposed Carbon Fiber roof, FAY, Laguna Blue, Kalahari, Museum Delivery.

Quote Originally Posted by Mez View Post
    Post scan and tune please.
    What's the fun in that? We are supposed to blindly guess!

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

Quote Originally Posted by DSteck View Post
    What's the fun in that? We are supposed to blindly guess!
    The OP is a friend of mine that is helping me tune my car. We live an hour apart so I wasn't able to make it over to his place for a scan. We will do some scans tonight and post the results. The issue is on a quick "stab" of the throttle. A slow steady rev increase is smooth.

You probably need more fuel in the high MAP, low RPM part of the table. However, it's hard to tell anything without a log or even a tune file.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

^ there are two solutions to that.

1. More fuel needs to be added to the low rpm/high map side of the VE table.
    Most people never collect data from that part of the table unless they have a load bearing dyno or way too much time on their hands.

2. Additional transient fueling needs to be introduced to keep the lean spike out of the rapid throttle transitions.

Lately there has been a slew of people having problems with transient fuel and SD. Search some of the other posts in this section. You'll see you're not the only ones.

Edit: looks like I was beaten to it
    Gray Ghost- The abomination. 2007 Chevrolet Silverado CCSB. 98mm turbo, nitrous, 428LSX, Rossler 80E with a brake. Finally finished. 23 psi, no numbers, Slow as hell.

PBM G8- Aluminum 364, twin Precision 67/66 turbos, 6L90 trans swap, CTS-V/Vaporworx fuel system, slowly making progress.

Dads 2011 CTS-V- Stock bottom end, stock heads, LS9 cam, pullies, ported blower, ported TB, D3 goodies, and lots of nitrous.
    618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

Tuner in Training
    here is the log and file

Tuner in Training
    That is the tune we are running.... We orginally got a SD tune from a tuner but I wasn't able to load it to the car, so I thought I copied all the files over. I guess not...

Ray
    Last edited by rtkjadams; 12-18-2012 at 09:57 PM.

Tuner in Training
    How's this? I guess we have to relog the car again... Can you look over to see if anything sticks out???

Holy shit.

618/618 motor
    906/862 spray