Quote Originally Posted by edmundu View Post
I have all of the mentioned pids logged for ETC. I watch it sit at 18-20%, and the engine barely, just barely hangs on for dear life at 300-400 rpm. I have tried it with the BRAF zero'ed out, scalar from 4725-7300, SUA dropped to stock, and everything in between.

After all that, it still behaves almost identically, no matter what you flash in. I have attempted "write entire" just to rule out that there may have been something missed in writing on the calibration changes.

This pcm was tuned with EfiLive, so I have no clue if that software has tables that HpTuner does not. It seems to be looking that way, but I had tried using an old original copy of my tune that had not been edited by EfiLive, and I copied in all the changes, and that still didn't change the results.
With my big cammed GTO, the engine (warmed up) was able to sit there and idle at somewhere around 7.5 - 9% (I forget exactly where) throttle position. Since we have the same 102mm throttle body, yours should too. This may assume we are both running the same throttle body scalar. Mine works great, so give it a try.

If my engine will idle with around 9% throttle, yours probably would too, given the same 102mm throttle body. This is referring to ACTUAL ETC position. If yours doesn't, then perhaps its not because of the idle at all. Traditional tuning issues like MAF xfer function, VE table, spark, etc may be your issue. Why don't you try locking the timing to a reasonable number like 16 degrees, zeroing out the over/under speed tables, and see what it does.

You could also force a minimum opening of around 9% by commanding somewhere real close to a 85 to 90 sq mm Idle Effective Area Minimum. That should put the throttle body at a minimum of 8 to 10% ETC position at all times once the car is running. This is a band-aid, and shouldn't be considered a permanent solution to your idle issues. But it should give you enough idle airflow to be able to work over the fuel and spark in your tune and get them right.

If your MAF xfer function isn't right, and your throttle body scalar isn't set right (I believe that to be 6187), then you have little hope of getting the car to idle.