Thread: Someone please give me some tips on my tune and config

Someone please give me some tips on my tune and config

Ok, I have an 02 trans-am with a 7.0 L installed. I had the car tuned previously after installing heads and cam on the stock engine. So I am not running off of a stock tune. I installed ls7 injectors on this engine when I put the engine in. I found the injector data for these injectors at this link:
    -
    http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...=ls3+injectors
    -
    So I updated my tables accordingly.
    -
    I also upgraded the TB to a 90mm. I have checked to make sure the MAF table is tuned and I am now working on the VE table. I have installed one LC-1 wideband on each bank. I have a custom configuration that I have posted below. It has drivability issues.
    -
    1) It has a really high rolling idle. 1500 rpm.
    2) It goes REALLY lean and studders when I step on it. It seems to be running rich otherwise. It guzzles gas like crazy.
    3) The idle is VERY unstable. It dies at every stop sign and light.
    -
    Despite these issues, my correction factor is only about 1% and the car seems to run pretty close to stoich.
    -
    I posted a log file that I made after setting the pcm to run in speed density only mode.
    -
    Can someone please give me some tips on my tune and config files?
    Just finished ASME, Now working on BSME

That tune sucks and needs a lot of work, I'd get your money back.
    Im sure it doesn't idle right, did you drill a hole in the TB?
    Last edited by Ben Charles; 12-16-2012 at 05:49 PM.

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Yes there is now a hole in the new TB blade

And I figured out that if you manually put it in open loop by using the scanner window and then close that window that is used to put it in open loop, it will go back to closed loop. I have been logging good correction data all day. I still have a problem with the hanging idle. It wants to idle at 40 mph.
    Just finished ASME, Now working on BSME

I take it your Throttle cable and not DBW? Your idle is high because the engine is getting to much air now (since you put a hole in the blade and you didn't do the correct changes in the tune).

About OL and CL, you want CL to work, only time your OL is if you command it full time, but other than that its when you first crank up the car or in PE mode (getting on it)

BTW PM replied

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C