Thread: new guy here with some questions

Potential Tuner

new guy here with some questions

long time lurker first time poster! ive been wanting to to tune my 2006 silverado and was refered here. so seeing that im going to spend the money on this i figure i might as well spend the couple extra bucks and do it right and get a wideband O2 sensor.

so on to my questions... after a ton of reading im still slightly lost, ive read people tuning in open loop and ive read people tuning in closed loop, what would net the best results if i plan on keeping my MAF sensor?

also after all that reading i didnt find a set order to go about tuning... so would you tune VE first, then tune the MAF, then tune spark advance, then double check? or am i missing something?

thanks,
    Sky
    06 silverado WT
    4.8L 4x4
    vette servo, debadge, 6k ddm hids, 4-hi mod, blue led guages

Keep the MAF, doesn't matter if you do MAf first or VE. Hell most setups I just run pure MAF or SD and have no issues at all.

Get fuel done first then play with timing (don't go overboard with spark) Add a couple of degrees initially if you like, but spark needs to be done after fuel is correct.

Keep it Closed loop for now until you know what your doing, later if you want OL thats fine to, but you need a WB (like you mentioned already)

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Potential Tuner
    ok that goes along with what i have read and what i was thinking.

i was only planing on a couple degrees of timing anyways... its just street truck not a race car.

and just to make sure; most fueling changes occur in the VE histogram, and most MAF tuning occurs in the airflow MAF table, correct?
    06 silverado WT
    4.8L 4x4

PM sent

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Potential Tuner
    well I finally bought it! after doing a lot of research and reading stickies I have found conflicting write-ups on how to do the ve tuning. I believe my trucks maf sensor has the built in iat sensor so I cant just unplug it like the one write up says to do. so im wondering are my attached files modified properly in order to correctly tune ve?

mineVEtuning.cfg
    mineVEtuning.hpt
    06 silverado WT
    4.8L 4x4