Thread: Critique my tuning progress please!

Tuner in Training

Critique my tuning progress please!

Alright here we go. My car is a 2010 Camaro ls3 M6 with LT headers, 226/238 .605/.615 114 Cam, and stock air box. My afr is sitting at 12.6 at WOT and adjusted the spark with no knock at WOT. It is idling good and have had no issues there. Just looking to see if theres anything else I need to change or not change and making sure I am on the right track.
    Alright let me have it!

Tuner in Training
    You have some big Dyn Air #'s on your pull scan. My 09 stock vette maxxes at 0.80. I guess the cam and headers are fully responsible for that. I noticed you raised spark advance in the WOT range up to the 0.80 row, but 0.84 and 0.88 rows are left at stock timing. I think you should bump them up a little as well, because they would be getting 2-4 degrees added if you hadn't zeroed out the AFR spark correction table. If you restore the AFR correction table, then don't forget to remove the advance that you added in the 0.64 to 0.80 range or you will be getting probably too much advance. Do you remember how high your Dyn Air was getting in WOT runs before you added the cam and headers? All else looks good. Sometimes you will have to max out ETC Tip in per gear under torque management as the disable button dosen't always work.

You could adj your knock retard decay rate a little to bring so it doesnt take so long to bring timing back in.

Other then that i wouldnt change a whole lot looks good.

Tuner in Training
    Wow I was really expecting a bashing! Lol
    Thanks guys. I don't have a log from stock form but I did add a cold air and my car is now hitting 1.02 and a low of .88 dyn air vs the .70-.80 range it was getting before. I guess the intake a good difference right?

Tuner in Training
    Well turns out my air filter slipped off on the logs where I was reading 1.02 smh.
    Last edited by azvren; 12-26-2012 at 09:32 AM. Reason: Mispelled

Quote Originally Posted by azvren View Post
    Well turns out I'm air filter slipped off on the logs where I was reading 1.02 smh.
    Restrictive ass air filter lol
    Gray Ghost- The abomination. 2007 Chevrolet Silverado CCSB. 98mm turbo, nitrous, 428LSX, Rossler 80E with a brake. Finally finished. 23 psi, no numbers, Slow as hell.

PBM G8- Aluminum 364, twin Precision 67/66 turbos, 6L90 trans swap, CTS-V/Vaporworx fuel system, slowly making progress.

Dads 2011 CTS-V- Stock bottom end, stock heads, LS9 cam, pullies, ported blower, ported TB, D3 goodies, and lots of nitrous.
    618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

Caterpillar 50 Forklift- Duramax swap

Tuner in Training
    Yeah no kidding lol. What is bad is I raced someone liked that, I'm actually hoping the cone filter being detached was hurting me more than helping. I figured it would hurt me since the air would have a lot of turbulence going in right? It did feel like it was falling on its ass at higher speeds. 3rd and 4th felt real sluggish.

Advanced Tuner
    Just a couple of observations/questions as i don't have the stock file and would like to know how/why you went for this way

- i noted there is a little difference between your narrowbands 940mV and 890mV between bank 1 and 2. Have you tuned using a wideband at wot? After 3000rpm you are commanding 12.6 but the narrowbands values seem richer...below 3000rpm you are commanding very rich AFR.

- PE is commanded by 50% of TPS only

- rev limiter increased to 7000rpm, did you change also push rod and springs?

- Spark HO and LO tables seem equals that is not safe for a bad gas. If you are not hitting KR your ECU should always work on HO so it is better to keep -4 degrees the whole LO table.

- You have completely disable the torque management. Stock transmission?

- You are running MAF only, why not consider VE tuning also?

I have vette ls2 with LT,Borla Touring,K&N filter,fast102 and i'm hitting 0.92-0.96 Dyn air.
    Your value 1.02 with a cam seems good, the ones in the log no.