Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HELP idle issue? Wibeband says lean but smells rich

I think he is saying that the MAF on your car could max out at 12,000 hertz and the typical air flow at that frequency (or according to the table in your PCM) is 512 grams per second which is same as 67.7 lb/hr of air flow. In other words, with a boosted vehicle you could exceed the capability of your MAF to measure the air flow into the engine, in which case the PCM could no longer regulate the fuel to maintain the appropriate air-fuel ratio. Whether or not this is likely I cannot tell you because I have not dealt with a boosted motor before.

Tuner in Training
    so seems like going to SD tune is best? thanks for your help

IMHO, you should take your vehicle to a professional tuner if you have installed a supercharger. It is difficult enough to tune a naturally aspirated vehicle for those of us trying to do our own tuning without the complexity this adds. And, you can of course destroy your engine much easier when its boosted.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by MonzterMtrSprt View Post
    so seems like going to SD tune is best? thanks for your help
    find you a stock boosted tune or even a modded tune for boost and work off that, if your not willing to take it to a professional tuner. im sure if you search it out you'll find tons of boosted tunes, even don't have to be from a vett ECM just use said boosted files for reference..

i am looking to boost my LS motor and have been taking this approach to learn the concept of it all. also have you a look see for Greg Banish: Calibrated Success dvds He talks about how to tune for injectors.. might find these site's useful also http://ls1tuningguide.com/index.php and http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com/basics.htm

hope you get it worked out

Edit was looking at your file and saw your MAF Calibration is still stock, you said you had a new SPL MAF, while putting a new MAF in it needs to be calibrated in-order for it to work correctly, if you have the old stock MAF that came with that ECM and it is good i would install it for checking in-tell you can get your new MAF calibrated and if that don't fix your problem go back to stock on all your Injector Controls, if in fact you have stock injectors or at lest cut it in half and see where it goes from there.. good luck

btw Greg Banish: Calibrated Success dvd#2 talks about boosted ECM programing .. might i say his dvd's can be found all over
    Last edited by Monty; 12-18-2012 at 12:19 AM.

Tuner in Training
    Check out the EOIT 'end of injection timing' and boundary thread on this forum.

If you have excessive overlap in a cam you may be short circuiting the fuel straight out the exhaust and still get a lean reading because the wideband only picks up the oxygen content in your exhaust pipes not the fuel content. You want to fire the fuel injector right after the exhaust valve closes.