Thread: My editors locking up theft lock radios.

My editors locking up theft lock radios.

If i follow all dirrections in the help section of how to hook up tuner. Write calibrations. Turn off vehicle. Disconnect tuner. Start vehicle te radios locked up after i turn the vehicle off. its done it to my truck(99 SIlverado) and my wifes truck (04 trail blazer.) The scary thing is what else is it messing up that i cant see. Becuase ive had mysterious issues popping up recently that i cant explain or fix. I think it jacked my pcm on the 99 silverado. The reason i say this is in the atached tune i have the max press dtc's disabled in the trans diag but when i put it in gear its slamming into gear. It makes the entire truck jump. I could really use some help figuring this one out. So far ive done ok figuring it out on my own. But im at a stand still. Maybe some one can look at my tune and tell me if im doing something wrong.
    Last edited by kogelch; 12-07-2012 at 03:34 PM. Reason: need to edit.
    99 silverado 1500 5.3, 30 over, all new ported, polished, and milled heads 30 thou, 220 226 custom BEI cam. 2" intake valves, ported & polished TB, Long tube ceramic coated headers, magna flow cats, y pipe, 3" magnaflow, vera ram air intake, I6 TB stall, All new Drivetrain, 3 Trans coolers, Auburn E-Locker, 4.56 gears, Throttle body bypass, Flex-a-Lite E-Fans, LS1 e-fan harness, ASP Under Drive Pullleys, HP Tuner Pro. 1 Bar MAP SD OS upgrade. Amsoil EA Bypass Oil Filtration system.

Some of the things that have popped up are abs comes on everytime i come to a rolling stop, radio red light flashes and erases saved stations everytime the key is cycled. (Power and fuses to radio are good) Acts like its reseting fuel trims when trucks shut off. Or resetting the pcm. Is there a keep alive memory power wire i can check or a fuse for this. Its like my first stage of memory that saves all the stuff from when the truck was shut off so it knows how and where to restart. Should i look for a new pcm. Or am i jumping to conclusions. I just want to fix it. THe slamming into gear drives me crazy.
    Last edited by kogelch; 12-07-2012 at 03:33 PM. Reason: spelling
    99 silverado 1500 5.3, 30 over, all new ported, polished, and milled heads 30 thou, 220 226 custom BEI cam. 2" intake valves, ported & polished TB, Long tube ceramic coated headers, magna flow cats, y pipe, 3" magnaflow, vera ram air intake, I6 TB stall, All new Drivetrain, 3 Trans coolers, Auburn E-Locker, 4.56 gears, Throttle body bypass, Flex-a-Lite E-Fans, LS1 e-fan harness, ASP Under Drive Pullleys, HP Tuner Pro. 1 Bar MAP SD OS upgrade. Amsoil EA Bypass Oil Filtration system.

Tuner
    I've had issues during READ/WRITE mode and SCAN mode on my 97 Bonneville. It messes with my Auto Climate Control. It turns the blower on high and changes the mode to defrost. Can't do anything with it until I stop all scanning or wait until the write/read is done.
    Last I knew, HPT has no idea whats going on nor a solution.
    1997 Black Curse SEi, 4th Engine, 2nd trans.
    2000 Chevrolet Blazer LT 4.3L
    2002 Chevrolet S-10 LS 5.7L

Write back your stock tune and see if problem dissapears, i've had problems with a customers truck before and re-writing to stock, then saving a new copy of the stock tune and rebuilding the tune from scratch again fixed the problem.

Senior Tuner
    As per your other threads.
    This is going to be a wiring issue (bad/loose ground or connection)