Thread: Tuner Lock Help

Tuner Lock Help

I've been getting some very good help on this, but I don't want to burden any one person too much. I tried to tune a car I bought with HPtuners, but got the invalid autorization message. I assumed this meant it was tuner locked. I pulled the flash chip off the PCM and sent it to someone to restore the seed/key in the .BIN.

Unfortunately, he messaged me back saying it wasn't even tuner locked! I am starting to get confused here. I have tried connecting with EFIlive as well to no luck.

Any ideas? I've attached my .BIN that I pulled from the Intel 28f400. I just want to make a few minor changes since whoever tuned the car, didn't bother turning the CEL off for the rear 02's and the car is tuned MAFless and throwing maf codes. I'm running rich because of an elevation change, so I wouldn't mind tweaking that as well. Either way, I'd love to hear your thoughts

Is there an issue because the vin is a ls1 car and the motor is a ls2 motor?
    Last edited by erics_02_z06; 12-04-2012 at 02:08 PM.

That file is tuner locked.

Russ Kemp

Someone just fixed it for me. Thanks a million for the help guys

This is the same file but unlocked to be able to open it with editor.

I unlocked it only for fun.
    9 sec Montecarlo SS

thanks, now I can see exactly where the key value is held! I hate tuner locked files. I've got the chip back on and in the car, I'll let you know how it goes

Advanced Tuner
    Does anyone mind sharing how this is done? I don't have this problem and doubt I ever will, But i'm intrested none the less.
    2004 GTO LS1~HP Tuners~AFX W/B~PRC 227 heads~.644/.598-231/234-111(TQV3)~Kooks 1 7/8 headers~Stock injectors~Fast 102 LSXR Intake~Fast 102 TB~CAI cold air intake~Yella Terra Roller Rockers~Fast Fuel Rails~

Dyno's are for sissy's, See you on the street.

Potential Tuner

Locked tunes

Hi guy s I would all so like to know how you unlock a locked tune I have have this problem all to often and have to send ecu away to unlock ???? Thanks

Advanced Tuner
    Ttt
    2004 GTO LS1~HP Tuners~AFX W/B~PRC 227 heads~.644/.598-231/234-111(TQV3)~Kooks 1 7/8 headers~Stock injectors~Fast 102 LSXR Intake~Fast 102 TB~CAI cold air intake~Yella Terra Roller Rockers~Fast Fuel Rails~

Dyno's are for sissy's, See you on the street.

sorry guys I'm never on the forum. I was able to do it, but with the help of others. you have to pull the eeprom and read it. From there, you have to change the key value. I don't know what to change them to, so thats where people helped. Once they are changed, you can reflash it and solder it back down. car runs perfect and I have access to my tune.