Thread: MAF Scaling Question?

MAF Scaling Question?

When doing MAF Scaling wouldn't you also scale the Spark tables as well, since the spark tables are based on CAM and now the calculated CAM is scaled down; i.e. instead of say 1.15gcyc it's now at .84gcyc at WOT?
    If so what is the proper way to do it, move all the cells in the table up say 1.15 to .84; or multiply the spark advance by the multiplier, say 1.15 * 0.6?

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    Go to injector dynamics website there are links to articles and one of them covers ve scaling. I highly recommend reading it its got tons of good info.
    Http://www.injectordynamics.com/SteckScaleArticle.html
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Thanks! I'll take a look at it tonight and see if it answers my questions.

What about "burst knock retard", I wondering if I should scale this as well?

Any table with an axis u are scaling you must also scale in the same percentage you used to scale your ve table.

So u scale g/cyl on ve by 50% then u must also scale any other table with a g/cyl table in the same 50% scaling. If one is left unscaled it will not track the same as the rest and cause issues. Make sense?

Yep! That's what the document said, but since I wasn't sure what "Burst Knock Retard" was or does; I thought I would ask.
    Thanks again.

burst kr: it's predictive/preventative KR that takes timing out on airflow variations so that real knock does not occur and therefore knock learn down does not take place.

Quote: LSX378^

I think this is one table you don't change since it is delta g/cyl, as I found out. I did it the same as the other spark tables and the car ran that crap on starts.

Looks like in my case "Cranking VE" is another one not to mess with, even though the document says to. My car was hard starting until I changed it back.