Thread: Dual injectors per cylinder. Can it be done using a stock ECM and HP?

Dual injectors per cylinder. Can it be done using a stock ECM and HP?

I searched as best I could and didnt find anything on this. Anyone?

Tuner
    What engine?
    1997 Black Curse SEi, 4th Engine, 2nd trans.
    2000 Chevrolet Blazer LT 4.3L
    2002 Chevrolet S-10 LS 5.7L

What ECM will it work on? Its an LS based build but my stuff gets pretty frankenstein'd with a mish mash of parts from anything and everything and im willing to run any OS or year ECM or whatever it takes to make this work Im not concerned or married to any one particular system yet. At this stage im merely looking into engine management and wondering whats possible before I work myself into a jam like I did last time stuck at 4000RPM for two months

Ive never seen a thread or the like using HP and a factory ECM to do such a thing as im asking here, but im sure it can be done so i just wondered if anyone has? Or if the HP staff would know if its possible with this software?

The injector drivers will overload with more than one injector connected. Think of the injector as a ~12ohm speaker hooked up to an amplifier. The amplifier is only capable of ~9ohm load and any less will generate more current than the amplifer can handle.... the same concept with the injector drivers in a PCM is the same. Adding two ~12ohm injectors would give you a 6ohm load across two coils which demands twice the current to operate.

Not saying it's impossible however with circuits that aren't designed for the extra current can get sloppy and low pulsewidth injector control would deminish because of that.
    James Short - [email protected]
    Located in Central Kentucky
    ShorTuning
    2020 Camaro 2SS | BTR 230 | GPI CNC Heads | MSD Intake | Rotofab | 2" LT's | Flex Fuel | 638rwhp / 540rwtq
    2002 Camaro | LSX 427 | CID LS7's | Twin GT5088's | Haltech Nexus R5 | RPM TH400

there are a couple injector converter boxes out there, from memory racetronix make one.

Having said that there are some pretty big high impedance injectors out there.
    I count sheep in hex...

Yeah i think the piggy back looks like my best option at this point.

Pump/race gas combo is the plan hence the need for duals. I want to run a boost referenced secondary system but id still like to use pump 91 as far as i can before blending the race gas in which would likely be easier all under one roof so to speak.

So if i run a piggy back in my dreams id like to run the stock ECM to somewhere around 10lbs then roll in the secondary system with race gas. This way with a boost controller I can simply stay at 10lbs and have fun on the cheap and when i want to go full kill I just turn the boost controller up and feed it the good stuff. Not sure if this is wise yet or if I should just run pump gas to 1.1 bar or thereabouts and leave that constant and supliment the remainder of the needs with race fuel.

Tuner in Training
    I know nelson race engines has exactly what you're looking for. They have it on a street strip motor. I believe they sell it as a kit. Runs on pumpgas till racegas is needed due to boost.

Its been done by a few people/shops I know it exists, I just wasnt sure if anyone had used a factory ECM to control it. Chris cleared the air, once again thanks man

Advanced Tuner
    Why not pump gas and meth? Lots of high hp guys doing it. Look at Arun's vette!!
    1997 Trans Am WS6 - LS1 swap - TR224 - Pacesetter Longtubes - Yank SS3600
    - 3.42 Moser 12 bolt - Wilwood Brakes - HP Tuners tuned - P1SC-1 Procharger

Not a meth fan. Junkies be loose cannons