Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tablet Tuning!

Tuner in Training
    Are you looking at the one with the windows operating system? I don't think the android kit kat one would work. Also I think the small 16 and 32 gb hard drives are not a good choice with windows. I used the one I talked about above but I think I am going to pick up the 64 gb transformer this week and see how it does. You can expand the memory with a 128 gb SD card. This one does have 2 gb of ram and a dual core processor.

Advanced Tuner
    I use a Lenovo Yoga 2 11" tablet and it works great. Windows 8.1. 360 tablet (keyboard flips all the way around). Pentium CPU (4 core), 4 GB RAM, 500GB HDD. I sync all of my logs and tunes on Google Drive...
    Last edited by jaydubb71; 10-11-2014 at 03:09 AM.

I'm using an old Gateway 15.4" WS laptop (Centrino, 2GB RAM w/ Win7Pro) here.

..........at 6'4" 235lbs, I don't find it too bulky. LOL!

Tuner in Training
    Well I got an Asus transformer. A t100, with 64 gb ssd and the windows8.1 operating system. This is my new tuning pc. Will upgrade the storage with the micro sd card.

Got to love the 10 hour battery life.

Tuner
    I just got a surface pro 2 from windows im planning on installing the program to tune with tablet hope it works do you guys think it will work?

VCM Suite will work on any Surface Pro.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Tuner
    im trying to install the vcm editior 2.24 and tell me this version of windows is not supported by this app?????? can some one please help me out

Just got the Surface Pro 3 from my wife and kids for Christmas...... its awesome. Already loaded hptuners 2.24 :-)
    Last edited by mowton; 12-27-2014 at 03:50 PM.
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Tuner
    Tuner
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

it wont let me it begins running and a pop up say this app is not supported by this windows please help menout guys im using a surface rt can someone please help me out

..........running it on a Dell XPS 12 convertible also. LG!

Quote Originally Posted by EL SRG View Post
    im trying to install the vcm editior 2.24 and tell me this version of windows is not supported by this app?????? can some one please help me out
    Same problem I'm having on a surface 2. Turns out the RT OS is not compatible with HP Tuners. Guess this thing is getting returned in the morning.
    AAHHHHH!!!!!!

Tuner in Training
    I don't think RT will work with any of the popular tuning/logging software. It's app based stuff only. I tried loading SCT and Diablo logging software in the store and got the same messages. I'm not a computer nerd but after digging around, you need to spend a couple hundred more for a Surface pro with the normal Windows 8. I'd like to get something tablet style for logging this summer.

I returned the surface pro 2 RT since I couldn't use it. I went to Wal-Mart and picked up a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series. It's got windows 8.1 and works really well. Tuned two cars this past weekend with it. The keyboard is nice when building the tune and then it flips all the way around and out of the way in order to use it as a tablet. touch screen makes the datalogging extremely nice!!!
    IMG_5640.jpg
    IMG_5639.jpg
    AAHHHHH!!!!!!

Tuner in Training
    I use a TW802 from MicroCenter. Its amazing. its $129.99 has an 8" screen (1280x800) and best of all it has a full size usb port on it as well as the micro usb. This way you can charge and use HPT without any issues and the HP interface works without any adapter cables. Its a 32GB model running windows 8.1 with a quad core baytrail processor with 2GB of ram. It runs it 100% better than my netbook did (acer aspire one). I just use a logitech keyboard/touchpad combo in my lap or for small changes or logging i just use the touch screen. For the price you won't find anything like it. I think someone is also selling them on Amazon.

Tuner
    I played with it in the store, but it seemed .. awkward to me. I wasn't impressed with the Atom Processor either... the Atoms are a ton better than they used to be, I could have lived with the processor if all I was doing was tuning or surfing the internet. That's just my $.02 ... if you decide to pull the trigger on it, let us know.
    Murphy's Laws of War:
    Bullets Have The Right-Of-Way
    Friendly Fire....Isnt
    If It Is Strong Enough The Enemy Cant Get In....You Cant Get Out
    Tracers Point Both Ways

Advanced Tuner
    I know there's already been some pretty positive feedback on touchscreen tuning in this thread, but I'm curious.

Now that touchscreens have become a bit more mainstream, those of you who have had them and been using them for a while now, do you still feel like the touchscreen adds to and/or facilitates the tuning experience?

I'm using a seriously old Dell Inspiron 10" laptop for my tuning and the thing just struggles to get out of its own way for pretty much any menial task. I keep using it because the battery life is so good on it, 8-10 hours of tuning/datalogging.

I'm looking at getting something newer and nicer, and the 2-in-1 tablet/laptops with touchscreen keep catching my eye, but I just can't decide how user friendly a 12" to 13" screen will be with touch response.

Could those of you who have been using touchscreen for a good while now chime in with some feedback? It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Advanced Tuner
    I use an Asus T100 (2-in-1) strictly for my tuning. However, I rarely use the touch-screen for anything... That being said, with the 3.0 scanner, you can do some cool stuff while reviewing logs with the tocuh screen. The main reasons that I use this device as my tuning device are:

1. Cost - $200 or less brand new
    2. Size - Device is extremely portable!
    3. Keyboard dock - there is no substitute for having a real keyboard - and this keyboard dock also has a trackpad, full-size USB and even HDMI port on it.
    4. Battery life - very good battery life.

Really, the only "con" is the screen size. A 10.1" screen is a little small. But the pros greatly outweigh the cons. For the price, it's hard to beat. But again, I mainly use it a very small laptop - I rarely use the touch-screen aspect.

Tuner in Training
    I also picked up one of these T100s based on @jtrosky input. I got mine for 80.00 on ebay used. It works great for this purpose. Its the perfect size for sitting in the car. The keyboard dock hinge is also very stiff so it will stand up on the passengers seat. I have searched and after using it I can say I don't thing there is anything that would do better especially for the price you can get them for. Just make sure you do not get the chi version as there is no full size usb port.

The battery will easily last you all day. I would recommend one of the 3.5A chargers from amazon. It makes a large difference in charging. I do use the touchscreen quite a bit and the trackpad is pretty good for what it is.

I promise you will not regret the purchase one bit.