Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tablet Tuning!

OK, found the manual, it just pulls off.
    Bill Winters

Former owner/builder/tuner of the FarmVette
    Out of the LSx tuning game

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    I wouldn't necessary want to be using one of these with 3.0, the processor is below the min spec and the ram is right at the minimum. I've had some customers run into issues with the 3.0 scanner even opening when running the min spec ram.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    I wouldn't necessary want to be using one of these with 3.0, the processor is below the min spec and the ram is right at the minimum. I've had some customers run into issues with the 3.0 scanner even opening when running the min spec ram.
    What's the minimum suggested processor?

My Dell Venue runs both programs great! It does have a Quad Core Intel Atom Z3795 along with 4GB RAM. Battery life is absolutely phenomenal, I can tune one car after the next for nearly the entire day and never run low on juice. I bought a second Venue last year as a backup PC, I liked it so much.

Advanced Tuner
    Also, I love the micro-SD card slot, I save every single tune to my micro-SD card incase the tablet ever has issues, I can just hot-swap my backed up tunes to my backup tablet. Super convenient.

Advanced Tuner
    I also run 2.24 and 3.0 on an Asus T100, which has the same specs as the Acer and it runs perfectly....

Based on the multiple recommendations for the Asus T100H, I went out and bought one. How are you guys connecting to the car? I have a USB-C to USB adapter but Scanner isn't recognizing that it's hooked to the car. Any suggestions?

Advanced Tuner
    You should have a full-sized USB port in the keyboard dock - you just connect it to the car like any other laptop. They keyboard dock also acts as a stand to hold the tablet while scanning. I've never hooked up to the micro-usb port in the tablet itself.

This is assuming the T100H is the same as the T100 I have - there are quite a few different "sub-models".

Yeh, I know about the full size USB port on the keyboard but wanted to use just the tablet

Tuner
    tablet have to have OTG support (most windows based tablet have), then buy OTG cable like this:

best regards

Well I'm not digging it. It's small, hands barely fit on the keyboard. The keys are not smooth, you have to hit them pretty hard. It wants to fall backward if its not on a hard level surface because the screen/tablet is heavier than the keyboard. Its got its merits and I guess it would work but I'm just going to give it to my daughter.
    Bill Winters

Former owner/builder/tuner of the FarmVette
    Out of the LSx tuning game

Guess I can stop looking at that one
    06 Z06 ETP heads, 244/256 hyd. roller, crower stainless shaft rockers, Kooks stepped race headers,elec. w/p, 160 stat, vararam, ram dual disk, ported intake and t-body, 100 shot spray until the 441 goes together http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fm1hrBcq63U

2016 Callaway Z06 a8 3lz zo7
    Heads, cam, headers, 2.3L s/c, 9.5 lower/2.625upper, meth, 103mm t-body,
    Stock high and low fuel system for now (I know right?)

I got an Asus T100H from Best Buy and before I could use it, it froze and couldn't be switched off or anything-just a dark blue screen no matter what I did. Funny thing is that Best Buy also had two display models and both were also defective.

Advanced Tuner
    Damn - sorry to hear that you guys are having such bad luck and that the Acer didn't work out. Personally, I love the Asus T100 as a tuning/scanning device. Yes, it's small, but that is one of the reason I love it!

@5_liter_eater - why don't you just return it if it's not for you? As a tablet alone, I personally don't like Windows tablets - I find Android a much better OS for a tablet. Like I said, I mainly use the T100 as a mini-laptop - Windows just isn't very good as a tablet device, in my opinion.
    Last edited by jtrosky; 05-28-2016 at 08:03 AM.

Tuner in Training
    FWIW, t100 in tablet mode, generic cupholder mount

Advanced Tuner
    Interesting. Are you connection to the car via the USB port on the tablet itself for data-logging?

Tuner in Training
    yes. I micro usb adapter to the MVPI. Log only, then transfer to a bigger screen machine for review.

Advanced Tuner
    So you don't like using the touch screen for log viewing? I know another memeber REALLY liked the touch-screen interface for viewing logs - especially with 3.0. Personally, I do still prefer using a mouse and keyboard for log viewing, but I still do it all with the T100 (I use a bluetooth mouse with it when not in the car).

Tuner in Training
    Sure, can do editing if needed, but prefer a keyboard/mouse given the option. I guess I use the t100 as a fancy way to record in the same way once done with MVPI. The cupholder mount keeps it from flying around in the car as well as something to gander at.

FWIW, in time I'd like to get a raspberryPi as a logger. Would need to get win10 emulated on it. ...winter project.
    Last edited by jcmg8; 05-28-2016 at 12:18 PM.

I bought a used Dell Toughbook for $300 and it can be a laptop or tablet, is dust and water resistant and here's the best part: the screen is easily seen in daylight. I strapped it into the car and raced around a track while it data logged and it worked great.

Tuner in Training
    I have an Asus T100, and I am finding it a bit small to use, but probably good for scanning and viewing.

I also have a Panasonic Toughbook, and I was going to use that, but it's, well, TOUGH.

Does HPTuners forum have a classifieds section to list it?