Thread: 07 LBZ 1-2 shift problem

Tuner

07 LBZ 1-2 shift problem

So im having an ongoing problem with this one truck. At the 1-2 shift WOT it wont hardly go over 3000-3100 rpm and it will take forever to shift. I know its defueling but i cant seem to get it out. Also if it starts to spin, its like traction control kicks in and stops it, now i didnt think these had a traction control but it feels just like it.
    Need a little help to get pointed in the right direction to solve this small problem.

Tuner in Training 8LugChevyThunder's Avatar
    I looked over your tune and everything seemed in order so I just tried it on my truck and it shifts great... I would replace the fuel filter on your problem truck and try it again. I do have a lift pump but that is a fairly small tune so I cant imagine that you are loosing rail pressure unless the truck has other problems. (i.e. plugged F/F, air filter, or fuel restriction)
    2001 2500HD 8.1 Ally, HP Tuned by me, BD Shift Kit, Comp XR270 Cam, No cats, dual Flowmaster Super 44's

Tuner
    i will suggest the fuel filter to him and see what happens.

Tuner
    has a new air filter and fuel filter and it still does this.

Can you log it and check the rail pressure?
    2001 2500HD 8.1 Ally, HP Tuned by me, BD Shift Kit, Comp XR270 Cam, No cats, dual Flowmaster Super 44's

Senior Tuner
    At a quick glance, your fuel pump limit is stock, qty vs rpm vs factor stock, base qty torque based is stock. Read through the link and understand the relationship between the tables. I think you will have better luck after.

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34643
    Last edited by mecanicman; 11-28-2012 at 06:48 PM.

It shifts great in my truck, I can take a video if you want.