Thread: newbie tune help

newbie tune help

hello everyone,
    ok long story but i dont know how to tell it short. 2012 camaro ss, lsx 376, comp 228/235 .570/.580 114 lc cam. holley hi-ram, 60# deka injectors, zr1 map, zl1 pump and a 78mm turbonetics remote mount turbo. ok took this to get tuned after all the work and made 570hp and 580trq but trans started slipping with in 10 miles of leaving the dyno. put a patc trans in and had them set up the trans portion of the tune to match there severly modified tranny. ok so finally i get to put some miles on my car. car is strong but not really what i expected and then it warms up and idles like its got a pro stock cam in it and smells way rich. i bought a hp tuner suite to see if perhaps i could help tune things a little and when i went in and checked it seems that
    the map sensor wasnt calibrated for the zr1 map and the injectors arent clibrated for the 60# injectors but im new to hp tuners (i do have years of experiance with megasquirt and tuning) so im asking to see if its something i dont know or did my tuner really not enter the data for the injectors and map right before he spent 4 days trying to tune this car.

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    i wouldnt drive the car in that condition

ok so am i correct that the map and injectors are not scaled correctly.

post a dyno graph from whom ever did this car.

ok funny story. there printer was broken and they where gonna send it to me but never did. i hadnt noticed because of dealing with my dead trans. ill see what i can do but i did see the car run those numbers personally. of course i saw david copperfield make the statue of liberty disappear too. who knows.
    i was supposed to take it back because he was working with someone at hp tuners to try and fix a rep that kept popping up. how bad is this tune should i start over or try to fix what i have here. am i right to assume the tables have been butchered to make it run with out scaling the injectors or map sensor. so even if i scale the map and injectors with the correct numbers all the airflow tables are gonna be screwed up and have to be redone.

Where's the car located?

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

new mexico

ok did i pay 1300 bucks for a kick in the junk or am i over reacting.

who ever you paid only played with PE which is wrong, and little idle touches, most changes were in your gear box like everything disabled.

ok well thanks for looking im gonna contact him agian and see if i can get my money back i guess. if he had it four days and barely got that accomplished i dont know if i trust him to do the rest. do you guys think i should try to fix this tune or start from scratch with the stock tune.

is this the correct 60# deka injector info i have attached or is there better

wow i just compared this to a stock 2012 camaro tune and your right he changed almost nothing. that sucks.