Thread: throttle follower question

Potential Tuner

throttle follower question

trying to find some info on how to adjust the throttle follower tables the step down and step up tables. i got this issue were around 1000 to 2000 rpm when cruising when i let off it fells like the cruise is on i can see it on the scanner that the etc table slowley goes down takes like 2 to 3 seconds to go down. i dont understand how u adjust the throttle tables do u raise them or lower them . i raised the step down works good for higher rpms but not around 1to2000 rpm. i have taken timing out of the coast down table and out of the timing high and low octane tables but still does it anybody have any ideas.. and its for a 2006 vette g5x2 cam fast intake melrose headers anybody can help
    here is my tune and i log

Throttle plate is free, not gummed up or dirty? Take the MAF off and feel it by hand to see that it snaps shut on it's own.

I don't rape PE tables cause I don't know what I am doing anyway....

Potential Tuner
    no prob with the throttle body i cleaned the maf and the throttle body a week ago. since i did that now its been doing this which has been driving me crazy tyring to figure this out

That's because:

1. You need to hit the throttle cleaned reset button in the scanner. Considering the fact that you have cleaned the material that coated the inside of your throttle body that the ECM has learned the Airflow values with.

2. If that doesn't get the job done, reduce the BRAF by 10% until you get it where you want it.
    Gray Ghost- The abomination. 2007 Chevrolet Silverado CCSB. 98mm turbo, nitrous, 428LSX, Rossler 80E with a brake. Finally finished. 23 psi, no numbers, Slow as hell.

PBM G8- Aluminum 364, twin Precision 67/66 turbos, 6L90 trans swap, CTS-V/Vaporworx fuel system, slowly making progress.

Dads 2011 CTS-V- Stock bottom end, stock heads, LS9 cam, pullies, ported blower, ported TB, D3 goodies, and lots of nitrous.
    618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

Caterpillar 50 Forklift- Duramax swap

Potential Tuner
    i did do the reset for the throttle in the scanner didnt change anything.. i have reduced the bsraf table which now i have my idle spot on best its ever been but still have the hanging while cruising.im just wondering if i should increase the follower table. if increasing it makes it coem back quicker idk ive nevr got a explainition on how those 2 tables work

Check the timing in those areas. If the timing is too high, it can make the car seem to drive itself at closed throttle