Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: How is injector timing calculated?

Quote Originally Posted by DSteck View Post
    People don't have a long attention span. If you can't condense something down into your own words concisely, it'll get passed over.

As a BSME, that article is just a long winded mechatronics intro. It's just not engaging to read. It's not the core content... It's the writing style.
    As a BSME and MS in Marketing, I agree it is not the best writing style. But I understand it.

There's definitely a noticeable decrease in volumetric efficiency when you delay it at low speeds. If you tune in SD and then delay it, you'll see it go rich.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

Quote Originally Posted by carlrx7 View Post
    the lower LSA makes the DCR higher,
    Correct
    Gray Ghost- The abomination. 2007 Chevrolet Silverado CCSB. 98mm turbo, nitrous, 428LSX, Rossler 80E with a brake. Finally finished. 23 psi, no numbers, Slow as hell.

PBM G8- Aluminum 364, twin Precision 67/66 turbos, 6L90 trans swap, CTS-V/Vaporworx fuel system, slowly making progress.

Dads 2011 CTS-V- Stock bottom end, stock heads, LS9 cam, pullies, ported blower, ported TB, D3 goodies, and lots of nitrous.
    618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

Caterpillar 50 Forklift- Duramax swap

Dave, point is, he could've spec'ed a better cam but later came to find out that the cam I was spec'ed and paid the extra money for was an OFF THE SHELF grind from Comp.

The new Lunati runs better, drives better, idles better and has more vacuum.

So basically I got fucked for an extra 50 bucks.

Why do I argue in my defense? Because it seems like I'm the only other swinging dick out there that puts out the money for a good quality product, then gets screwed over. Maybe people just don't like me. Really though I don't care, I justify my methods with my past experiences and lost cash. I try not to go out of house for anything any more.

Unfortunately though people like to argue irrelevant points and twist my words into non-sense.
    Last edited by IDRIVEAG8GT; 12-12-2012 at 09:35 PM.
    Gray Ghost- The abomination. 2007 Chevrolet Silverado CCSB. 98mm turbo, nitrous, 428LSX, Rossler 80E with a brake. Finally finished. 23 psi, no numbers, Slow as hell.

PBM G8- Aluminum 364, twin Precision 67/66 turbos, 6L90 trans swap, CTS-V/Vaporworx fuel system, slowly making progress.

Dads 2011 CTS-V- Stock bottom end, stock heads, LS9 cam, pullies, ported blower, ported TB, D3 goodies, and lots of nitrous.
    618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

Caterpillar 50 Forklift- Duramax swap

Quote Originally Posted by DSteck View Post
    There's definitely a noticeable decrease in volumetric efficiency when you delay it at low speeds. If you tune in SD and then delay it, you'll see it go rich.
    Yes, I witnessed this. I had to drop the VE table at low speeds after EOIT delay

It's always about balance. Unfortunately, there's no perfect scenario.

What you can do though is tune the SD to the teeth... Then delay or advance EOIT. Any section where it goes rich means a loss of power. Anywhere it goes lean is a gain. It'd be a long winded method but could help set it for maximum fuel economy and power.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

Senior Tuner
    ds, used the spread sheet against my factory numbers and .006 evc. came out wonderfully. picked up the power and mpg that was lost by setting the ect to a 20 degree retard, or the guessing game i was doing. thank you for all of the help in this. im finally happy with the outcome and numbers.

The most hated, make the most power.
    93 Ranger. 5.3 D1X. 1069hp.

I retarded only the low RPM section and left the rest stock. I got 26 MPG on the highway and 21.5 mixed. Still a little to go but much better.

I ran similar injector timing early in the cam tuning process on MAF only and got terrible results. The car ran very rich. Only got 16.5 mixed driving. The only thing I can figure is I was getting reversion due to the overlap and the MAF was reading high, therefore it ran rich. Now on SD and MAF, the car runs much better.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by blkscooby View Post
    I retarded only the low RPM section and left the rest stock. I got 26 MPG on the highway and 21.5 mixed. Still a little to go but much better.
    the mpg in my flying brick went back up to where it was on the stock cam. i only chenged up to 1300 or so rpms. the rest is factory cal
    The most hated, make the most power.
    93 Ranger. 5.3 D1X. 1069hp.

Tuner in Training
    can your latest settings blkscooby?